About Department of Commerce
The Department of Commerce was established in 1989 and has been grading heights ever since. The Department offers Bachelor of Commerce degree, one of the most demanded courses of the contemporary academic world, Master of Commerce with Management as the area of specialization and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Commerce (Business Policy and Administration). Our students are encouraged to take up internship programmes before the completion of graduate, making them more adaptable with the industrial world. The Department organises Industrial visits for the students which helps them to experience practical exposure of the commercial world.
The department organises events such as Conferences, Seminars, workshops, Inter-college and inters departmental meets. We encourage students to participate in events organized by other colleges and get involved in activities of social relevance. They are enabled to think creatively and to develop accurate attitude to meet the challenges of the globalized business environment, through value-based education, interpersonal relations, and outreach programmes.
- The departments aim to be a center of academic excellence committed to provide better education in the area of commerce & management with all-round development helping to achieve better life and create better society.
- To make students a perfect professional by empowering them with all the required knowledge and support and guidance
- Inculcating the professional values that are recognized not only nationally but also globally
- Educate through hands on experience and make them employable or entrepreneur by providing a holistic environment
- Develop value-based development and making them socially conscious
- Make students capable to sense their potentials and create a sense of desire to be an outstanding individual in the field of commerce & management.
- To excel academically enabling every student to raise themselves in the competitive market whether nationally or globally through effective implementation of best curricular and co-curricular activities
- To excel professionally in business organisation and hold productive role in the organisation. .
- To focus on overall development of the student’s personality by providing suitable education, paving the way for knowledge in commerce & management and creating a platform for being socially responsible
- To make students realize the national goals through innovative teaching – learning process, research, and development in the contemporary business world & society
Additional Credit Courses Offered
Department of Commerce offers the following Certificate Courses
|Topic/Title of the Event
|International Business Conference
Infrastructure & Facilities
Jahnvi Indravadan BhavsarAlumni
“The First Step Towards Getting Somewhere is to Decide that you are not going to stay where you are” I would Like to express my gratitude towards our Principal Madam, Vice Principal Sir, Co-ordinator, and the entire faculty of KES Shroff College for helping me reach where I am now.nd I feel so proud when I say I was a student of KES Shroff College. Thank you for making me the person I am today. I have learned many things whether it was practical or theoretical knowledge, the College always supported me and other students and gave us the platform to participate in a number of activities and exploring ourselves. Professors of KES Shroff College were so kind and calm and always ready to support their students any time and helped them stand on their own feet . I also got the opportunity to be the Secretary of the Banca Association. I will never ever forget those moments which I have spent in the BANCA Association where we had lots of fun and at the same time organized events. Really missing my college days.
My three years degree course in the Banking and Finance were among the best years of my life. My experience at KES Shroff College not only made me a better person but also prepared me in unpredictable ways for my career. Through workshops with incredibly supportive classmates, and professors who were nothing short of champions, I was challenged to discover a voice I didn’t know I had. That voice has played a central role in my work. Having been shaped in part by the collegial and creative, yet rigorous, environment at KESSC, I found myself able to communicate, innovate, and collaborate in ways that enabled me to build a successful rewarding career. It was a wonderful time in my life, and the best educational experience I’ve had.
Mohini Yashwant PatilAlumni
Being a part of KES Shroff College has been a wonderful experience. Here I learned success is a journey and not a destination. Along with academics, a lot of different activities on campus allowed me to polish my talents and have an overall development. I am grateful to Principal Bhushan Ma'am and all Professors who stood by me and assisted me in making me what I am today personally and where I am today professionally. Proud KESSC student
Viral Pravin KavaAlumni
Being a student of KES Shroff College was itself an immense pleasure and a feeling of pride for all the students. I was so lucky to be around such renowned faculty who showered their love and knowledge on me. It's not the only place to receive academic knowledge but the overall development of a student. I must say today I have transformed into a better person after my graduation, the sense of understanding and maturity has come, where values are taught and you realize you have come an extra mile ahead to face the challenges and rat race of the world.
I've never had so much fun as I did being a student at KES Shroff college. So many extra circular activities happening regularly, I always wanted to participate in everything. Along with the extra circular, the teaching faculty at the college is truly amazing as well. They would make sure that every student present is understanding the topic being taught. Overall, it's not just a college but rather a complete experience. The teachers, consider student's points of view and make sure the students are not being overburdened at any moment.