Research is defined as the creation of new knowledge and/or the use of existing knowledge in a new and creative way so as to generate new concepts, methodologies and understandings. Education is an integral aspect of every society and in a bid to expand the frontiers of knowledge, We believe educational research must become a priority because it plays a vital role in the overall development of pedagogy, learning programs, and policy formulation.
The goal of a Research Center at KESSC is to enable interaction between faculty, scholars, students, and industry to enhance research opportunities, academic excellence, real-world problem solving, and knowledge creation and dissemination.
Vision and Mission
To be a Research Center of the University of Mumbai that provides a transformative education to create leaders and innovators, and generates new knowledge for society and industry.
- To ensure the training of future researchers in basic, and populational research.
- To enhances researchers’ abilities to obtain and manage grants
- To supports strong infrastructure for interdisciplinary research.
KESSC Research Center
- The Research Centre aims at offering aid to teaching staff members, postgraduate students, and researchers from within and outside the College.
- Promote rigorous research that is relevant to the nation and the region
- Develop and support existing and emerging research strengths within a “high-performance culture.
- Facilitate multidisciplinary research excellence
- Build sustainable research partnerships with government, industry and other universities
- Provide a suitable enabling research infrastructure.
We are a recognized Research Center from the University of Mumbai and offers Ph.D. in two disciplines
Dr. L. Bhushan
Research Guide Business Economics
Dr. V.S. Kannan
Research Guide Business Policy and Administration
For promoting productivity and intellectual output and honesty in academic writing, KESSC has taken an immense number of measures for maintaining ethical practices in research activities. The guidelines of the procedures have to be abiding by the students and teachers for their excellence in research by the following :
- All research and academic works of the students such as assignments, project reports, dissertations should be free from plagiarism.
- An undertaking by the student of their project/ dissertation/ assignment submitted for assessment is bonafide is a normal procedure of code of ethics in research.
- It is the duty of the supervising faculty to check and verify that the submitted assignments are free from plagiarism before issuing the certificate to the student.
- To facilitate researchers KESSC has provided licensed SPSS Software in the Research Center.
- To ensure the authenticity of the projects/theses /dissertations submitted the students and faculty members may use the “Drillbit Anti Plagiarism” software provided in the Research Center.
- Research Promotion Council arranges awareness and sensitization programmes on Plagiarism for the students and faculties