Junior College education is one of the preliminary steps taken by a student into a field of specialization. Such an environment can be overwhelming for a student who has just entered it. KES understands this and therefore provides the institution with various facilities to make for an experience that is enriching in every way possible.
About Admission Procedure
The College enjoys the status of Gujarati Linguistic Minority Institution. Other categories for admission are Open merit.
Categories under which the students can apply:
A. Open Merit
B. Gujarati Linguistic Minority
C. Sports and Cultural Activities
D. Government Transfer Cases, Defence, Freedom Fighters, Ex-Servicemen
Admission to the FYJC Class is through the online process implemented by the Deputy Director’s Office of the Government of Maharashtra. Applicants are requested to read the newspapers for the information and procedure. Admissions to HSC Vocational (MCVC) will be offline and will be conducted at the college level only.
Eligibility for Admission to FYJC Arts / Commerce
List of Required Documents
Documents to be submitted by students who have passed SSC Examination from Maharashtra State Board at the time of admission are:
- Admission form duly completed
- Original Mark Sheet + 2 attested photocopies
- Original School Leaving Certificate +2 attested photocopies
- Fees have to be paid on the day of admission
Other Documents related to eligibility certificate (MVM/Eligibility certificate/2904, dated 10/05/2004)
- Students who have passed Std. X examination from the boards other than Maharashtra Board and who are admitted to the FYJC class in this college should submit the following documents for confirmation of their admission.
- Documents mentioned above.
- Eligibility Certificate along with the deed of undertaking on a stamp paper of Rs. 20 duly signed by the Guardian / Local Guardian and the student. The blank application forms for obtaining the Eligibility Certificate is available at the office of The Divisional Secretary, Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Mumbai Divisional Board, Plot No. 27 & 28, Sector 16 A, Vashi, Navi Mumbai 400 703 . These documents are sent to the Divisional Secretary H.S.C. for confirmation of their eligibility.
- Provisional admission will be given on the basis of the undertaking of the guardian and student that the Eligibility Form will be submitted within 7 days along with all the documents.
- Original Migration Certificate
- Foreign Students should complete Appendix “A”
- Original Passing Certificate
- Original School – Leaving Certificate/Transfer Certificate.
FY JC ARTS
SY JC ARTS
- Effective Communication –II
- Environmental Science
- Content Writing
- Introduction to Advertising
- Introduction to Journalism
- Media Gender & Culture
FY JC COMMERCE
- Corporate Communication & Public Relations
- Media Studies
- Introduction to Photography
- Principles of Management and Marketing
- Computers & Multimedia
- Motion Graphics & Visual Effects I (Choice based)
SY JC COMMERCE
- Writing & Editing for Media
- Media Laws & Ethics
- Mass Media Research
- Film Communication
- Electronic Media
- Motion Graphics & Visual Effects- II (Choice based)