About National Cadet Corps
National Cadet Corps is a Tri-Services Organisation, comprising the Army, Navy, and Air Wing, engaged in grooming the youth of the country into disciplined and patriotic citizens. It functions under the Ministry of Defence, Govt of India. The head of the Organisation at All India level is the Director-General NCC who is an officer from the Indian Army in the rank of Lieutenant General. The NCC in India has formed the National Cadet Corps Act of 1948. It can be traced back to the ‘University Corps’, which was created under the Indian Defence Act 1917, with the objective to make up for the shortage in the Army.
Unity and Discipline are NCC Moto. The NCC is divided into 17 Directorates, these further sub-divided into 95 Groups, which are composed of 814 units.
NCC at KESSC
We are proud to mention that our college is one such subunit that offers NCC to our own students in our own campus. The College has NCC (ARMY) Unit, which is affiliated to 3, Mah. BN.
52 students can join NCC every year for NCC training, NCC mainly gives military training to the young students which enables them to develop their all-round personality. From the year 2017-18 even girls of our college are now allowed to join NCC unit.
The college NCC unit has also started A very innovative subject called NCC studies. It gives exposure to the theoretical part of military and military training. This subject is an optional subject to Foundation Course paper 1 and 2 in F.Y.B.Com./BA. and S.Y. B.Com./BA.
The NCC aims at developing character, comradeship, discipline, a secular outlook, the spirit of adventure, and ideals of selfless service amongst young citizens. Further, it aims at creating a pool of organized, trained, and motivated youth with leadership qualities in all walks of life, who will serve the Nation regardless of which career they choose.
- The ‘Aims’ of the NCC laid out in 1988 have stood the test of time and continue to meet the requirements expected of it in the current socio-economic scenario of the country.
- The NCC aims at developing character, comradeship, discipline, a secular outlook, the spirit of adventure, and ideals of selfless service amongst young citizens.
- It aims at creating a pool of organized, trained, and motivated youth with leadership qualities in all walks of life, who will serve the Nation regardless of which career they choose.
The NCC is a responsive, learning, and continuously evolving organization. Its activity is guided by certain Core Values that we endeavor to instill among all ranks of the NCC. These include the following:
- A sense of patriotic commitment to encourage cadets to contribute to national development.
- Respect for diversities in religion, language, culture, ethnicity, lifestyle, and habitat to instill a sense of National unity and social cohesion.
- Abiding commitment to learn and adhere to the norms and values enshrined in the Indian Constitution.
- Understanding the value of a just and impartial exercise of authority.
- Ability to participate in community development and other social programs.
- A healthy lifestyle is free of substance abuse and other unhealthy practices.
- Sensitivity to the needs of poor and socially disadvantaged fellow citizens.
- Inculcating habits of restraint and self-awareness.
- Understanding the values of honesty, truthfulness, self-sacrifice, perseverance, and hard work.
- Respect for knowledge, wisdom, and the power of ideas.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AFTER NCC
- NCC ‘C’ certificate holders get direct entry into the Service Selection Board.
- IMA – 13-15 vacancies reserved for ‘C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders
- INA – 05-08 vacancies reserved for ‘C’ Certificate (Naval Wing) holders
- OTA Chennai – 50 vacancies for ‘C’ certificate holders for NCC Spl. Entry (non tech)
Jahnvi Indravadan BhavsarAlumni
“The First Step Towards Getting Somewhere is to Decide that you are not going to stay where you are” I would Like to express my gratitude towards our Principal Madam, Vice Principal Sir, Co-ordinator, and the entire faculty of KES Shroff College for helping me reach where I am now.nd I feel so proud when I say I was a student of KES Shroff College. Thank you for making me the person I am today. I have learned many things whether it was practical or theoretical knowledge, the College always supported me and other students and gave us the platform to participate in a number of activities and exploring ourselves. Professors of KES Shroff College were so kind and calm and always ready to support their students any time and helped them stand on their own feet . I also got the opportunity to be the Secretary of the Banca Association. I will never ever forget those moments which I have spent in the BANCA Association where we had lots of fun and at the same time organized events. Really missing my college days.
My three years degree course in the Banking and Finance were among the best years of my life. My experience at KES Shroff College not only made me a better person but also prepared me in unpredictable ways for my career. Through workshops with incredibly supportive classmates, and professors who were nothing short of champions, I was challenged to discover a voice I didn’t know I had. That voice has played a central role in my work. Having been shaped in part by the collegial and creative, yet rigorous, environment at KESSC, I found myself able to communicate, innovate, and collaborate in ways that enabled me to build a successful rewarding career. It was a wonderful time in my life, and the best educational experience I’ve had.
Mohini Yashwant PatilAlumni
Being a part of KES Shroff College has been a wonderful experience. Here I learned success is a journey and not a destination. Along with academics, a lot of different activities on campus allowed me to polish my talents and have an overall development. I am grateful to Principal Bhushan Ma'am and all Professors who stood by me and assisted me in making me what I am today personally and where I am today professionally. Proud KESSC student
Viral Pravin KavaAlumni
Being a student of KES Shroff College was itself an immense pleasure and a feeling of pride for all the students. I was so lucky to be around such renowned faculty who showered their love and knowledge on me. It's not the only place to receive academic knowledge but the overall development of a student. I must say today I have transformed into a better person after my graduation, the sense of understanding and maturity has come, where values are taught and you realize you have come an extra mile ahead to face the challenges and rat race of the world.
I've never had so much fun as I did being a student at KES Shroff college. So many extra circular activities happening regularly, I always wanted to participate in everything. Along with the extra circular, the teaching faculty at the college is truly amazing as well. They would make sure that every student present is understanding the topic being taught. Overall, it's not just a college but rather a complete experience. The teachers, consider student's points of view and make sure the students are not being overburdened at any moment.