This is a skill enhancing course which aims to build as well as strengthen your ability to present your thoughts and ideas in public. The course is largely practice-based involving multiple public speaking activities. It also focuses on the non-verbal component of public speaking such as vocal delivery, facial expression, gestures and posture during speech. Its successful completion will lead to earning 2 credit points.
Why this Course
- Oral presentation of thoughts and ideas is important for the expression of domain knowledge at the workplace. This course provides practical training in speech delivery. It will not only train you to deftly employ verbal and non-verbal skills to effectively deliver a speech but also provide guidance about managing speech anxiety.
- To understand various aspects of public speaking
- To employ verbal and non-verbal skills to effectively deliver a speech
- To create informative and persuasive speeches
- To employ strategies for managing speech anxiety
Upon completion of the course students should be able to…
- understand various verbal and non-verbal aspects of public speaking
- employ verbal and non-verbal skills to effectively deliver a speech
- create informative and persuasive speeches
- employ strategies for managing speech anxiety
How to Apply
The Certificate Courses are offered twice a year during even and odd semesters. Students interested can take admission in the offered certificate courses at the beginning of the semester.
Students from other institutions can also take admission in these certificate courses at the beginning of even and odd semesters by contacting the concerned teacher in charge and by paying the required fees for the course.
Any individual who has successfully completed HSC (12TH) in any Stream. Or Any student Studying in KES Shroff College in different programmes.
The Certificate will be awarded to the student who
- will attend the lectures as per college norms minimum 60% attendance is must to appear for the examination.
- will successfully pass the examination with a minimum 40% .