A property generated by a person using its intellect is called as Intellectual Property. The rights given by government to such person over this property are termed as Intellectual Property Rights (IPR). It is a wide concept and includes intellectual activities in fields such as industrial, literary, scientific and artistic. Copyright, trademark, patent, geographical indications, performers’ rights, broadcasters’ rights are few such IPRs. These properties are protected by law and any unauthorized reproduction and use of such properties without permission of IP holder amounts to serious offence. Understanding, recognizing and respecting such rights is of utmost importance.
Why this Course
- After gaining through knowledge of various dimensions and technicalities associated with Intellectual property, aspirants can opt for lucrative career avenues in various global and national organizations. These organizations are constantly on the lookout of suitable and competent professional s to handle their Intellectual property issues.
- The Intellectual Property Rights Certificate Course has been introduced with the objective to provide a learner legal and practical knowledge about Intellectual Property Rights.
- To create one more avenue of employability for learner.
- Discuss contemporary issues in Intellectual Property Laws
- Analyzing development of Intellectual Property
Learner will learn about
- Different types of Intellectual property rights, importance, and punishment and remedies in case of infringement of intellectual property rights
Modules at a Glance
- Introduction of concept of IPR
- Patents Act, 1970
- Trade Mark Act, 1999
- Copyright Act, 1957
- Geographical Indications And Designs
How to Apply
The Certificate Courses are offered twice a year during even and odd semesters. Students interested can take admission in the offered certificate courses at the beginning of the semester.
Students from other institutions can also take admission in these certificate courses at the beginning of even and odd semesters by contacting the concerned teacher incharge and by paying the required fees for the course.
Any individual who has successfully completed HSC (12TH) in any Stream. Or Any student Studying in KES Shroff College in different programmes.
The Certificate will be awarded to the student who
- will attend the lectures as per college norms minimum 60% attendance is must to appear for the examination.
- will successfully pass the examination with a minimum 40% .