As per the Quality Mandate of University Grant Commission (UGC), Though Life skills is less tangible traits, play an important role in increasing the employability as well as self-esteem of the students. These may include communication skills, interpersonal skills, time management, team work, flexibility, problem solving, professional skills, decision making skills, leadership abilities and universal values among others.
Life skills are defined as the behaviors used appropriately and responsibly in the management of personal and professional affairs. They are also set of human skills acquired via learning or direct experience that are used to handle problems and questions commonly encountered in day to-day personal and professional life.
Why this Course
At the end of the programme learners will be able to:
- Gain Self Competency and Confidence
- Practice Emotional Competency
- Gain Intellectual Competency
- Gain an edge through Professional Competency
- Aim for high sense of Social Competency
- Be an integral Human Being
- To enhance one’s ability to be fully self aware by helping oneself to overcome all fears and insecurities and to grow fully from inside out and outside in.
- To increase one’s knowledge and awareness of emotional competency and emotional intelligence at place of study/work.
- To provide opportunity for realizing one’s potential through practical experience.
- To develop interpersonal skills and adopt good leadership behaviour for empowerment of self and others.
- To set appropriate goals, manage stress and time effectively.
- To manage competency- mix at all levels for achieving excellence with ethics.
Upon completion of the course students should be able to…
- Developed understand the Basics of English grammatical rules
- use vocabulary appropriately
How to Apply
The Certificate Courses are offered twice a year during even and odd semesters. Students interested can take admission in the offered certificate courses at the beginning of the semester.
Students from other institutions can also take admission in these certificate courses at the beginning of even and odd semesters by contacting the concerned teacher incharge and by paying the required fees for the course.
Any individual who has successfully completed HSC (12TH) in any Stream. Or Any student Studying in KES Shroff College in different programmes.
The Certificate will be awarded to the student who
- will attend the lectures as per college norms minimum 60% attendance is must to appear for the examination.
- will successfully pass the examination with a minimum 40% .