Beware of little expenses, A small leak will sink a great ship – Benjamin Franklin
Finance is synonym to White blood cells in a Human being but needs an acumen to understand how to maintain the balance of Increase or Decrease.
As we set into the new decade, KES Shroff college of Arts and Commerce (Autonomous) brings a one of its kind of Post graduate Program M.Sc. (Finance).
M.Sc. (Finance) is a very popular course designed for those students willing to acquire a master’s degree in finance. This course equips students with conceptual and analytical skills of financial decision making, with the in depth study of statistical and econometric techniques, financial modelling and data analytics. The curriculum is designed as such that students remain abreast with all developments and innovation in the finance industry. It is a gateway to excellent career opportunities such as Investment Banking, Risk Analyst, Core banking, Insurance etc.
Why this Programme
The goal of any student who has graduated is to stand in their own feet and have a successful and fulfilling career ahead of them. in order to do so, one must hard and smart, taking the right steps in order to secure a good spot on the job market for themselves.
In order to have a successful future, a professional should have a good beginning. This can be done by applying for an appropriate level of degree in the right field of study, there are many options out there which are very popular among students that could lead to a successful career. One of those courses is finance and the degree of study is Post-graduate or Masters.
Finance is an important field of study and has many applications in all sectors, business or otherwise. The advantage of having a masters is that students will be able to instil a sense of confidence in employers. A master’s degree curriculum teaches advanced topics to the students who are more practically involved.
PEO1: Facilitate value-based holistic and comprehensive learning by integrating traditional and innovative learning practices to match the highest quality standards and train students to be effective leaders in their chosen fields and career.
PEO2: Provide a conducive environment to unleash their hidden talents, creative potential, nurture the spirit of critical thinking and encourage them towards higher education so as to cater the needs of the industry/society and contribute for the development of the nation.
PEO3: Equip students with skills needed to adapt better to ever changing global scenarios by encouraging innovative practices, research competence and entrepreneurial skills and gain access to career opportunities in multidisciplinary domains.
PEO4: Develop a sense of social responsibility, ethics and equity to transform students into commitment-oriented professionals having strong attitude towards sustainable development for betterment of society.
After successful completion of the two years of MSc (Finance) programme, the learner will be able to
PSO 1: apply various statistical tools and techniques to solve the complex issues related to portfolio management, derivatives valuation, financial statement analysis and other behavioral finance related issues.
PSO 2: demonstrate their ability to use concepts of economics and corporate taxation in order to make better financial decisions.
PSO 3: utilize the skills of robotic process automation, big data analytics, and block-chain technology to build a platform for financial trading.
PSO 4: formulate organizational decisions through applied research in finance.
Professional opportunities to work as Corporate Analyst, Equity Research Analyst, Investments and Securities Analyst, Investment Banker, Market Analyst, Risk Analyst and other finance related job profiles as well in can explore various sectors such as international finance, Treasury management, investment banking, capital markets, Risk management, Mutual fund management, Real estate management, mergers and acquisitions, Venture capital, valuation and manufacturing sector.
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Monetary Economics
- Quantitative Methods in Finance
- Fintech Primer / Structured Finance
- Value Investing and Behavioral Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Fintech Primer / Structured Finance
- Basic Econometrics
- Portfolio Analysis and Management
- Derivatives Valuation
- Block Chain in Fintech
- Business Analytics
- Big Data and Machine Learning in Finance
- Quantitative Methods – II in Finance
- RPA in Fintech
- Research Project Work
Jahnvi Indravadan BhavsarAlumni
“The First Step Towards Getting Somewhere is to Decide that you are not going to stay where you are” I would Like to express my gratitude towards our Principal Madam, Vice Principal Sir, Co-ordinator, and the entire faculty of KES Shroff College for helping me reach where I am now.nd I feel so proud when I say I was a student of KES Shroff College. Thank you for making me the person I am today. I have learned many things whether it was practical or theoretical knowledge, the College always supported me and other students and gave us the platform to participate in a number of activities and exploring ourselves. Professors of KES Shroff College were so kind and calm and always ready to support their students any time and helped them stand on their own feet . I also got the opportunity to be the Secretary of the Banca Association. I will never ever forget those moments which I have spent in the BANCA Association where we had lots of fun and at the same time organized events. Really missing my college days.
My three years degree course in the Banking and Finance were among the best years of my life. My experience at KES Shroff College not only made me a better person but also prepared me in unpredictable ways for my career. Through workshops with incredibly supportive classmates, and professors who were nothing short of champions, I was challenged to discover a voice I didn’t know I had. That voice has played a central role in my work. Having been shaped in part by the collegial and creative, yet rigorous, environment at KESSC, I found myself able to communicate, innovate, and collaborate in ways that enabled me to build a successful rewarding career. It was a wonderful time in my life, and the best educational experience I’ve had.
Mohini Yashwant PatilAlumni
Being a part of KES Shroff College has been a wonderful experience. Here I learned success is a journey and not a destination. Along with academics, a lot of different activities on campus allowed me to polish my talents and have an overall development. I am grateful to Principal Bhushan Ma'am and all Professors who stood by me and assisted me in making me what I am today personally and where I am today professionally. Proud KESSC student
Viral Pravin KavaAlumni
Being a student of KES Shroff College was itself an immense pleasure and a feeling of pride for all the students. I was so lucky to be around such renowned faculty who showered their love and knowledge on me. It's not the only place to receive academic knowledge but the overall development of a student. I must say today I have transformed into a better person after my graduation, the sense of understanding and maturity has come, where values are taught and you realize you have come an extra mile ahead to face the challenges and rat race of the world.
I've never had so much fun as I did being a student at KES Shroff college. So many extra circular activities happening regularly, I always wanted to participate in everything. Along with the extra circular, the teaching faculty at the college is truly amazing as well. They would make sure that every student present is understanding the topic being taught. Overall, it's not just a college but rather a complete experience. The teachers, consider student's points of view and make sure the students are not being overburdened at any moment.
How to Apply
The admission procedure usually starts in the month of June after the results of undergraduate courses are declared.
- Fill the Pre-enrollment form of the University of Mumbai through the University portal (mum.digitaluniversity.ac). Select the autonomous option for M.Sc Finance.
- Fill online admission form on kesshroffcollege.com
- Upload a copy of the pre-enrollment form, Graduation mark sheet/digital result, HSC mark sheet/digital result, caste/reservation certificate if applicable, and E-Suvidha ticket.
- On the declaration of merit list (first then second then third if applicable) pay the fees along with submission of the documents such as Undertaking regarding admission confirmation, SSC(X marksheet), Leaving Certificate, Adhar card, scanned copy of Cheque book leaflet/bank account details and transfer certificate in case the student is from outside Maharashtra.
- For further details and to know more about the college visit kesshroffcollege.com.
The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree /graduate degree in any stream from a recognized University. They must have obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in their graduation.
- The student must have also studied English and Mathematics (or Statistics) as compulsory subjects in 12th Standard/HSC/10+2 (or equivalent Level of Examination) or at least in one semester in the first year of their graduation.
- In order to secure the admission for M.Sc. (Finance) programme, Students must appear the entrance exam conducted by K.E.S. Shroff college of Arts and Commerce. Student must score the minimum cut-off percentage of the college he/she is applying in. Candidate who have appeared and scored minimum 40 percentile in CAT/ CET/ CMAT will be exempted from entrance exam of the college.
- Candidate appearing for the final examination of their bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply. If selected, provisional admission will be given subject to clearing the final examination. Fees will be accepted from such candidates but their admission will be confirmed on the submission of final mark sheet within given due date.
- Selected candidates must produce all the mandatory documents at the time of admission. Failing to meet this requirement, will result in the cancellation of admission and the fees paid will not be refunded.
- At the time of admission, candidate has to produce semester wise / trimester – wise / consolidated (only if individual mark sheets are not issued by University / Institute) mark sheets of all years of the college from which he / she is graduated. In case of internet copy of mark sheets, attested by Principal with official seal is mandatory.
- In case the mark sheet issued by applicable board / University is in percentile/s or Grade point the actual aggregate percentage of all subjects appeared by the candidate will be taken into consideration.
- The candidates, who have passed or, have appeared for graduation examination from a University where Grade Point Average is given, must produce the equivalent percentage for the GPA / CGPA obtained in writing from the University concerned.
- Submission of Association of Indian Universities (AIU) equivalence certificate to confirm the eligibility for the program is mandatory for those candidates who have completed their examination form Overseas Universities.
- Candidates who have cleared their graduation through distance learning and correspondence course externally from a recognized University are eligible to apply & register as per UGC guidelines.
- It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to ascertain whether they possess the necessary and requisite qualification for the admission at K.E.S. Shroff college of Arts and Commerce as verification of the documents is done at the time of final admission.
Total no. of Seats: 40
Reservation of Seats: Reservations are as per the Government policy.
Fees: As prescribed by the University of Mumbai. The details have been mentioned on the college Notice board and the College website http://www. kesshroffcollege.com
Duration of Programme: 4 Semesters spread over 2 years. The programme shall consist of 15 Theory papers and Project work
Enforcement of Attendance:
Our college is a pioneer institute in introducing the computerized attendance system. The computerized defaulters’ lists are displayed division wise regularly at the end of every month on the Students Notice Board. The students failing to fulfill the required attendance shall be DETAINED and shall not be permitted to take the Annual / Board examination. Warning letters from the Principal are sent to parents of the defaulting students. The letters are given to the concerned students by the class teachers in the classrooms. The students must hand over these warning letters to the parents. Students should note that fulfilling the attendance requirement alone will not qualify them to appear for the examination. Their academic performance should also be to the satisfaction of the principal.
General Rules & Regulations:
- Every student should obtain an ID card and show at the entry
- Students should not loiter in the corridors when the lectures are engaged
- Giving proxy attendance is a serious act of indiscipline
- Students applying for certificates/testimonials and attestation should first contact the college office
- Ragging is strictly prohibited on the college premises
- The use of mobile phones inside the college is strictly prohibited. If caught using a cell phone it is confiscated for a period of 1 year
- Cancellation of admission
- Refusal to grant admission in future
- Withholding or withdrawing of University exam form
- Expulsion / rustication from college
- Fine not exceeding Rs. 300
- Non-refund of fees and deposits
- Suspension for a specified period