Master of Science in Artificial Intellegance (M.Sc. AI) is a two-year post-graduate programme dedicated to provide higher level computing skills using artificial intelligence to graduates in discipline of Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics and other equivalent programmes. M.Sc. AI programme at KES’ Shroff College offers domain specific specialization to students. Students get the opportunity to learn and develop their knowledge and understanding about the Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning advanced databases, cloud computing, etc. The program also offers courses like research in computing so that students can also learn skills require in the field of research. Students are introduced to various aspects of artificial intelligence including project development, data manipulation, and technology re-engineering.
This programme is designed to help students explore different types of technology applications and the way in which information is created exchanged and stored. The programme offers a broad technical understanding of current and evolving technologies in the IT field. The emphasis of the programme is moving technology from the laboratory to the realm of business development.
Why this Programme
M.Sc. Artificial Intelligence (M.Sc. AI) focuses on making a student technically competent in the theory of artificial intelligence and machine learning, its application and research related aspects. The programme aims to make students eligible for IT Industry as well as research programmes.
M.Sc. AI programmes are designed to impart theoretical as well as application knowledge to the students and prepare them for research in the field. Be it research, teaching or IT sector, all the options are open on the completion of M.Sc. AI programme. Candidates can pursue their career in teaching, research or into the private sector as AI specialist, Software Engineer, Software Developer, IT Analyst, Network Planning Engineer etc.
PEO1: Facilitate value-based holistic and comprehensive learning by integrating traditional and innovative learning practices to match the highest quality standards and train students to be effective leaders in their chosen fields and career.
PEO2: Provide a conducive environment to unleash their hidden talents, creative potential, nurture the spirit of critical thinking and encourage them towards higher education so as to cater the needs of the industry/society and contribute for the development of the nation.
PEO3: Equip students with skills needed to adapt better to ever changing global scenarios by encouraging innovative practices, research competence and entrepreneurial skills and gain access to career opportunities in multidisciplinary domains.
PEO4: Develop a sense of social responsibility, ethics and equity to transform students into commitment-oriented professionals having strong attitude towards sustainable development for betterment of society.
A graduate with a M.Sc. in Artificial Intelligence will have the ability to:
PSO1. Demonstrate mastery of Artificial Intelligence in the following core knowledge areas:
• Communicate artificial intelligence concepts, research, designs, and solutions effectively and professionally
• Mathematics & Statistics, Programming Languages
• Big data, data security
• Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, sentiment analysis, speech recognition, robotic process automation
PSO2. Apply knowledge of computing to produce effective designs and solutions for specific problems
PSO3. Use software development tools, software systems, and modern computing platforms
Job Opportunities after M.Sc Information Technology
- Software Engineer
- Computer Programmer
- Interface Engineer
- Software Developer
- Project Manager Business Analyst
- Software Tester
- Information Security Analyst
- IT Consultant
- Network Administrator
- Web Developer
- Systems Support Administrator
- Security Expert
- System Architect
- Government Jobs(PSU, Railway) like Junior Engineer, Bank IT Specialist Officer
- Python Programming
- Internet of Things
- Maths and Stats
- Data Warehouse & Data Mining
- Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition
- Information Retrieval
- Artificial Intelligence for Real-World application
- Research Methodology
- Application of Deep Learning and Neural Networks
- Design Thinking
- Speech Recognition
- Mixed Reality
- Social Media and Text Analytics
- Conversational Experiences
- Robotic Process Automation
Jahnvi Indravadan BhavsarAlumni
“The First Step Towards Getting Somewhere is to Decide that you are not going to stay where you are” I would Like to express my gratitude towards our Principal Madam, Vice Principal Sir, Co-ordinator, and the entire faculty of KES Shroff College for helping me reach where I am now.nd I feel so proud when I say I was a student of KES Shroff College. Thank you for making me the person I am today. I have learned many things whether it was practical or theoretical knowledge, the College always supported me and other students and gave us the platform to participate in a number of activities and exploring ourselves. Professors of KES Shroff College were so kind and calm and always ready to support their students any time and helped them stand on their own feet . I also got the opportunity to be the Secretary of the Banca Association. I will never ever forget those moments which I have spent in the BANCA Association where we had lots of fun and at the same time organized events. Really missing my college days.
My three years degree course in the Banking and Finance were among the best years of my life. My experience at KES Shroff College not only made me a better person but also prepared me in unpredictable ways for my career. Through workshops with incredibly supportive classmates, and professors who were nothing short of champions, I was challenged to discover a voice I didn’t know I had. That voice has played a central role in my work. Having been shaped in part by the collegial and creative, yet rigorous, environment at KESSC, I found myself able to communicate, innovate, and collaborate in ways that enabled me to build a successful rewarding career. It was a wonderful time in my life, and the best educational experience I’ve had.
Mohini Yashwant PatilAlumni
Being a part of KES Shroff College has been a wonderful experience. Here I learned success is a journey and not a destination. Along with academics, a lot of different activities on campus allowed me to polish my talents and have an overall development. I am grateful to Principal Bhushan Ma'am and all Professors who stood by me and assisted me in making me what I am today personally and where I am today professionally. Proud KESSC student
Viral Pravin KavaAlumni
Being a student of KES Shroff College was itself an immense pleasure and a feeling of pride for all the students. I was so lucky to be around such renowned faculty who showered their love and knowledge on me. It's not the only place to receive academic knowledge but the overall development of a student. I must say today I have transformed into a better person after my graduation, the sense of understanding and maturity has come, where values are taught and you realize you have come an extra mile ahead to face the challenges and rat race of the world.
I've never had so much fun as I did being a student at KES Shroff college. So many extra circular activities happening regularly, I always wanted to participate in everything. Along with the extra circular, the teaching faculty at the college is truly amazing as well. They would make sure that every student present is understanding the topic being taught. Overall, it's not just a college but rather a complete experience. The teachers, consider student's points of view and make sure the students are not being overburdened at any moment.
How to Apply
The admission procedure usually starts in the month of June after the results of undergraduate courses are declared.
- Fill the Pre-enrollment form of the University of Mumbai through the University portal (mum.digitaluniversity.ac). Select the autonomous option for M.Sc (Information Technology).
- Fill online admission form on kesshroffcollege.com
- Upload a copy of the pre-enrollment form, Graduation mark sheet/digital result,HSC mark sheet/digital result, caste/reservation certificate if applicable, and E-Suvidha ticket.
- On the declaration of merit list (first then second then third if applicable) pay the fees along with submission of the documents such as Undertaking regarding admission confirmation, SSC(X marksheet), Leaving Certificate, Adhar card, scanned copy of Cheque book leaflet/bank account details and transfer certificate in case the student is from outside Maharashtra.
- For further details and to know more about the college visit kesshroffcollege.com.
The Bachelor’s degree in the Faculty of Science/ Technology of this University or equivalent degree of recognized Universities with major and ancillary Subjects at undergraduate level as detailed below:
|Physics||Mathematics (4 Units)|
|Statistics||Mathematics (4 Units)|
|Life Sciences||Biochemistry or Chemistry with Mathematics or Statistics in first and second year OR Computer Sciences OR Information Technology up to second year of Bachelors Degree|
|Bachelors Degree in Technology (B.Tech./B.E.) in Engineering/ Computer Sciences/ Information Technology|
|Bachelors Degree in Computer Sciences B.C.A/B.C.S/ Information|
Total no. of Seats: 40
Reservation of Seats: Reservations are as per the Government policy.
Fees: As prescribed by the University of Mumbai. The details have been mentioned on the college Notice board and the College website http://www. kesshroffcollege.com
Duration of Programme: 4 Semesters spread over 2 years. The programme shall consist of 15 Theory papers and Project work
Enforcement of Attendance:
Our college is a pioneer institute in introducing the computerized attendance system. The computerized defaulters’ lists are displayed division wise regularly at the end of every month on the Students Notice Board. The students failing to fulfill the required attendance shall be DETAINED and shall not be permitted to take the Annual / Board examination. Warning letters from the Principal are sent to parents of the defaulting students. The letters are given to the concerned students by the class teachers in the classrooms. The students must hand over these warning letters to the parents. Students should note that fulfilling the attendance requirement alone will not qualify them to appear for the examination. Their academic performance should also be to the satisfaction of the principal.
General Rules & Regulations:
- Every student should obtain an ID card and show at the entry
- Students should not loiter in the corridors when the lectures are engaged
- Giving proxy attendance is a serious act of indiscipline
- Students applying for certificates/testimonials and attestation should first contact the college office
- Ragging is strictly prohibited on the college premises
- The use of mobile phones inside the college is strictly prohibited. If caught using a cell phone it is confiscated for a period of 1 year
- Cancellation of admission
- Refusal to grant admission in future
- Withholding or withdrawing of University exam form
- Expulsion / rustication from college
- Fine not exceeding Rs. 300
- Non-refund of fees and deposits
- Suspension for a specified period