M.Com in Business Management leads to the learning process of controlling, leading, monitoring, organizing and planning of business activities. This programme provides a broad education that focusses on the fundamentals of business management and critical leadership skills and is also relevant to the current business challenges and changing environment. It consists of courses in core business areas such as management, economics, ethics, e-commerce etc. that synthesize skills which involve the assignment of tasks and allocation of resources throughout the business organization.
Why this Programme
The Master of Commerce in Management is considered to be the most appropriate follow-up course to an undergraduate B.Com degree. It provides further insight into the important fields of Commerce including accountancy, business studies and economics.
The M.Com in Management programme aims to provide:
PEO.1. The students will be ready for employment in functional areas likes Accounting, Taxation, banking, Insurance, Business, Economics & Corporate Law
PEO.2. The Curriculum will offer number of specialization and practical exposure which will equip the students to face the modern-day challenges in Commerce
PEO.3. Enable the understanding of working of various economies, markets & apply principles of Economics to real life situation
Upon completion of M.Com (Management.) program graduates will be able to:
PSO-1: Analyze the interaction of marketing and environmental forces through an understanding of marketing decisions and practices with social, technological, economic, and political forces.
PSO-2: Apply the knowledge, concepts, tools necessary to understand challenges and issues of modern trends and changes in business practices
PSO-3: Appreciate the importance of cultural adaptation of international business and stimulate the research interest of students and gain new insights
PSO-4: Appreciate and enable the students to acquire leadership qualities with necessary skills and capabilities
- It is a reputed course with a wide scope int the government as well as the private sector.
- The course includes management subjects so MCom in Management graduates are generally preferred for managerial posts.
- It is also a good course for a candidate who is preparing for recruitment exams in related public sector departments and also a good course for candidates who wish to take up teaching after postgraduation.
- Many MCom in Management graduates also take up BEd (Bachelor of Education) after completing postgraduate studies.
- Strategic Management
- Economics for Business Decisions
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Research Methodology for Business
- Macro Economics concepts and Applications
- Corporate Finance
- Project Work
Elective Courses (Choose any 3)
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Strategies and practices
- Organizational Behavior
- Entrepreneurship Management
- Rural Marketing
- Project Work
Elective Courses (Choose any 3)
- Supply chain management and logistics
- Advertising and sales Management
- Retail Management
- Tourism Management
- Management of Business Relations
Jahnvi Indravadan BhavsarAlumni
“The First Step Towards Getting Somewhere is to Decide that you are not going to stay where you are” I would Like to express my gratitude towards our Principal Madam, Vice Principal Sir, Co-ordinator, and the entire faculty of KES Shroff College for helping me reach where I am now.nd I feel so proud when I say I was a student of KES Shroff College. Thank you for making me the person I am today. I have learned many things whether it was practical or theoretical knowledge, the College always supported me and other students and gave us the platform to participate in a number of activities and exploring ourselves. Professors of KES Shroff College were so kind and calm and always ready to support their students any time and helped them stand on their own feet . I also got the opportunity to be the Secretary of the Banca Association. I will never ever forget those moments which I have spent in the BANCA Association where we had lots of fun and at the same time organized events. Really missing my college days.
My three years degree course in the Banking and Finance were among the best years of my life. My experience at KES Shroff College not only made me a better person but also prepared me in unpredictable ways for my career. Through workshops with incredibly supportive classmates, and professors who were nothing short of champions, I was challenged to discover a voice I didn’t know I had. That voice has played a central role in my work. Having been shaped in part by the collegial and creative, yet rigorous, environment at KESSC, I found myself able to communicate, innovate, and collaborate in ways that enabled me to build a successful rewarding career. It was a wonderful time in my life, and the best educational experience I’ve had.
Mohini Yashwant PatilAlumni
Being a part of KES Shroff College has been a wonderful experience. Here I learned success is a journey and not a destination. Along with academics, a lot of different activities on campus allowed me to polish my talents and have an overall development. I am grateful to Principal Bhushan Ma'am and all Professors who stood by me and assisted me in making me what I am today personally and where I am today professionally. Proud KESSC student
Viral Pravin KavaAlumni
Being a student of KES Shroff College was itself an immense pleasure and a feeling of pride for all the students. I was so lucky to be around such renowned faculty who showered their love and knowledge on me. It's not the only place to receive academic knowledge but the overall development of a student. I must say today I have transformed into a better person after my graduation, the sense of understanding and maturity has come, where values are taught and you realize you have come an extra mile ahead to face the challenges and rat race of the world.
I've never had so much fun as I did being a student at KES Shroff college. So many extra circular activities happening regularly, I always wanted to participate in everything. Along with the extra circular, the teaching faculty at the college is truly amazing as well. They would make sure that every student present is understanding the topic being taught. Overall, it's not just a college but rather a complete experience. The teachers, consider student's points of view and make sure the students are not being overburdened at any moment.
How to Apply
The admission procedure usually starts in the month of June after the results of undergraduate courses are declared.
- Fill the Pre-enrollment form of the University of Mumbai through the University portal (mum.digitaluniversity.ac). Select the autonomous option for M.Com (Management).
- Fill online admission form on kesshroffcollege.com
- Upload a copy of the pre-enrollment form, Graduation mark sheet/digital result, HSC mark sheet/digital result, caste/reservation certificate if applicable, and E-Suvidha ticket.
- On the declaration of merit list (first then second then third if applicable) pay the fees along with submission of the documents such as Undertaking regarding admission confirmation, SSC(X marksheet), Leaving Certificate, Adhar card, scanned copy of Cheque book leaflet/bank account details and transfer certificate in case the student is from outside Maharashtra.
- For further details and to know more about the college visit kesshroffcollege.com.
A learner for being eligible for admission to the Post GraduateProgramme i.e. Master of Commerce, shall have passed the examination for the degree of Bachelor of Commerce (three years/Six Semester integrated course) or the degree B.Com. (Old Course) or the other Semester based Programmes i.e. Bachelor of Commerce (Banking & Insurance) or Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance) or Bachelor of Commerce (Financial Markets) or Bachelor of Management Studies (B.M.S.) of this University, or an examination of any other University recognized as equivalent thereto.
Total no. of Seats: 40
Reservation of Seats: Reservations are as per the Government policy.
Fees: As prescribed by the University of Mumbai. The details have been mentioned on the college Notice board and the College website http://www. kesshroffcollege.com
Duration of Programme: 4 Semesters spread over 2 years. The programme shall consist of 15 Theory papers and Project work
Enforcement of Attendance:
Our college is a pioneer institute in introducing the computerized attendance system. The computerized defaulters’ lists are displayed division wise regularly at the end of every month on the Students Notice Board. The students failing to fulfill the required attendance shall be DETAINED and shall not be permitted to take the Annual / Board examination. Warning letters from the Principal are sent to parents of the defaulting students. The letters are given to the concerned students by the class teachers in the classrooms. The students must hand over these warning letters to the parents. Students should note that fulfilling the attendance requirement alone will not qualify them to appear for the examination. Their academic performance should also be to the satisfaction of the principal.
General Rules & Regulations:
- Every student should obtain an ID card and show at the entry
- Students should not loiter in the corridors when the lectures are engaged
- Giving proxy attendance is a serious act of indiscipline
- Students applying for certificates/testimonials and attestation should first contact the college office
- Ragging is strictly prohibited on the college premises
- The use of mobile phones inside the college is strictly prohibited. If caught using a cell phone it is confiscated for a period of 1 year
- Cancellation of admission
- Refusal to grant admission in future
- Withholding or withdrawing of University exam form
- Expulsion / rustication from college
- Fine not exceeding Rs. 300
- Non-refund of fees and deposits
- Suspension for a specified period