It is a post graduate full time 2-year programme which aims to provide the student with specialised skill sets in different fields like accounts and taxation. The Masters of Commerce in Accounting programme’s objective is to prepare students to think critically, apply their skills sets and have an edge over students from regular graduate programmes.
Spread over 4 semesters, the programme aims to provide detailed knowledge in the subjects of corporate laws, international taxation, international economics, derivatives, etc. The courses are designed in such a way that it specifically addresses strengths and weaknesses with respect to market opportunities in the student’s major and intended field of work
Why this Programme
Corporate financial accounting and corporate tax planning are few of the necessities of the modern-day business sector in terms of auditing the financial industry in the organization. Accounts Assistant, accountant, business analyst and financial analyst are some of the major recruitment areas in terms of employment perspective and are some of the most lucrative M.Com in Accountancy job opportunities.
In the era of startups and growth of entrepreneurship, designations such as market analyst, operations manager carry huge responsibility and are in demand and can be filled by the professional of M.Com in Accountancy course.
PEO.1. The students will be ready for employment in functional areas likes Accounting, Taxation, banking, Insurance, Business, Economics & Corporate Law
PEO.2. The Curriculum will offer number of specialization and practical exposure which will equip the students to face the modern-day challenges in Commerce
PEO.3. Enable the understanding of working of various economies, markets & apply principles of Economics to real life situation
Upon completion of M.Com (Accountancy.) program graduates will be able to:
PSO-1: Understand the financial report audit process, beginning with accepting clients, followed by understanding the client, evaluating business risk and assessing inherent risk,
PSO-2: Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills related to Accountancy of individuals, flowthrough entities, and corporations. In addition, students will recognize potential opportunities for Accountancy
PSO-3: Develop the skills in application of research methods
PSO-4: Explain key differences in taxing policies related to expatriates and the countries they live and work in – allowing them to reflect on cultural and ethnic differences in approaches to business and taxation policies.
- A graduate after completion of his/her course can initially join as a trainee or an accountant. Accountants can also seek employment in various sectors such as in government and private sectors, public accounting firms, markets research, budget planning, corporations and consultancies.
- Professionals in this career can also opt for teaching jobs in universities and colleges. Graduate professionals can work as freelancers in this field. There are lots of job opportunities available in India as well as in foreign countries for chartered accountants.
- There are lots of job opportunities in Private and Public sector. You can also apply for government sector jobs or can work in the corporate world.
- Students can work as a teacher/lecturer in different colleges & universities. You have to clear the requisite exams such as UGC NET/JRF, etc.
- One can also join government & private banks such as State Bank of India (SBI), Punjab National Bank (PNB), and Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, Union Bank of India etc. as Customer Relationship Executive & Probationary Officer.
- Strategic Management
- Economics for Business Decisions
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Research Methodology for Business
- Macro Economics concepts and Applications
- Corporate Finance
- Project Work
Elective Courses (Choose any 3)
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Advanced Cost Accounting
- Direct Tax
- Advanced Auditing
- Financial Services
- Project Work
Elective Courses (Choose any 3)
- Financial Management
- Corporate Financial Accounting
- Indirect Tax : Introduction of Goods and Service Tax
- International Financial Reporting Standards
- Personal Financial Planning
Jahnvi Indravadan BhavsarAlumni
“The First Step Towards Getting Somewhere is to Decide that you are not going to stay where you are” I would Like to express my gratitude towards our Principal Madam, Vice Principal Sir, Co-ordinator, and the entire faculty of KES Shroff College for helping me reach where I am now.nd I feel so proud when I say I was a student of KES Shroff College. Thank you for making me the person I am today. I have learned many things whether it was practical or theoretical knowledge, the College always supported me and other students and gave us the platform to participate in a number of activities and exploring ourselves. Professors of KES Shroff College were so kind and calm and always ready to support their students any time and helped them stand on their own feet . I also got the opportunity to be the Secretary of the Banca Association. I will never ever forget those moments which I have spent in the BANCA Association where we had lots of fun and at the same time organized events. Really missing my college days.
My three years degree course in the Banking and Finance were among the best years of my life. My experience at KES Shroff College not only made me a better person but also prepared me in unpredictable ways for my career. Through workshops with incredibly supportive classmates, and professors who were nothing short of champions, I was challenged to discover a voice I didn’t know I had. That voice has played a central role in my work. Having been shaped in part by the collegial and creative, yet rigorous, environment at KESSC, I found myself able to communicate, innovate, and collaborate in ways that enabled me to build a successful rewarding career. It was a wonderful time in my life, and the best educational experience I’ve had.
Mohini Yashwant PatilAlumni
Being a part of KES Shroff College has been a wonderful experience. Here I learned success is a journey and not a destination. Along with academics, a lot of different activities on campus allowed me to polish my talents and have an overall development. I am grateful to Principal Bhushan Ma'am and all Professors who stood by me and assisted me in making me what I am today personally and where I am today professionally. Proud KESSC student
Viral Pravin KavaAlumni
Being a student of KES Shroff College was itself an immense pleasure and a feeling of pride for all the students. I was so lucky to be around such renowned faculty who showered their love and knowledge on me. It's not the only place to receive academic knowledge but the overall development of a student. I must say today I have transformed into a better person after my graduation, the sense of understanding and maturity has come, where values are taught and you realize you have come an extra mile ahead to face the challenges and rat race of the world.
I've never had so much fun as I did being a student at KES Shroff college. So many extra circular activities happening regularly, I always wanted to participate in everything. Along with the extra circular, the teaching faculty at the college is truly amazing as well. They would make sure that every student present is understanding the topic being taught. Overall, it's not just a college but rather a complete experience. The teachers, consider student's points of view and make sure the students are not being overburdened at any moment.
How to Apply
The admission procedure usually starts in the month of June after the results of undergraduate courses are declared.
- Fill the Pre-enrollment form of the University of Mumbai through the University portal (mum.digitaluniversity.ac). Select the autonomous option for M.Com (Accountancy).
- Fill online admission form on kesshroffcollege.com
- Upload a copy of the pre-enrollment form, Graduation mark sheet/digital result, HSC mark sheet/digital result, caste/reservation certificate if applicable, and E-Suvidha ticket.
- On the declaration of merit list (first then second then third if applicable) pay the fees along with submission of the documents such as Undertaking regarding admission confirmation, SSC(X marksheet), Leaving Certificate, Adhar card, scanned copy of Cheque book leaflet/bank account details and transfer certificate in case the student is from outside Maharashtra.
- For further details and to know more about the college visit kesshroffcollege.com.
A learner for being eligible for admission to the Post GraduateProgramme i.e. Master of Commerce, shall have passed the examination for the degree of Bachelor of Commerce (three years/Six Semester integrated course) or the degree B.Com. (Old Course) or the other Semester based Programmes i.e. Bachelor of Commerce (Banking & Insurance) or Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance) or Bachelor of Commerce (Financial Markets) or Bachelor of Management Studies (B.M.S.) of this University, or an examination of any other University recognized as equivalent thereto.
Total no. of Seats: 40
Reservation of Seats: Reservations are as per the Government policy.
Fees: As prescribed by the University of Mumbai. The details have been mentioned on the college Notice board and the College website http://www. kesshroffcollege.com
Duration of Programme: 4 Semesters spread over 2 years. The programme shall consist of 15 Theory papers and Project work
Enforcement of Attendance:
Our college is a pioneer institute in introducing the computerized attendance system. The computerized defaulters’ lists are displayed division wise regularly at the end of every month on the Students Notice Board. The students failing to fulfill the required attendance shall be DETAINED and shall not be permitted to take the Annual / Board examination. Warning letters from the Principal are sent to parents of the defaulting students. The letters are given to the concerned students by the class teachers in the classrooms. The students must hand over these warning letters to the parents. Students should note that fulfilling the attendance requirement alone will not qualify them to appear for the examination. Their academic performance should also be to the satisfaction of the principal.
General Rules & Regulations:
- Every student should obtain an ID card and show at the entry
- Students should not loiter in the corridors when the lectures are engaged
- Giving proxy attendance is a serious act of indiscipline
- Students applying for certificates/testimonials and attestation should first contact the college office
- Ragging is strictly prohibited on the college premises
- The use of mobile phones inside the college is strictly prohibited. If caught using a cell phone it is confiscated for a period of 1 year
- Cancellation of admission
- Refusal to grant admission in future
- Withholding or withdrawing of University exam form
- Expulsion / rustication from college
- Fine not exceeding Rs. 300
- Non-refund of fees and deposits
- Suspension for a specified period