M.A. in Film, Television & New media Production programme is designed to help create the next generation of outstanding filmmakers. The students are provided an in-depth understanding of the scope and difference of fiction and non-fiction film production in both professional video and celluloid formats. It gives the technical ability and creative confidence to produce original, challenging and bold projects for independent cinema, television and galleries.
Why this Programme
The course is beneficial to learn and understand the grammar of the visual language and content creation.
The course also helps to provide students with opportunities to specialize in screen and television directing, screenwriting, cinematography, editing and other creative skills.
The course enables the students to produce innovative work, executed and completed to the highest professional standards.
It helps to provide students with detailed technical knowledge of and the capability to use equipment and facilities typically found in film and television.
PEO 1: To have strong multidisciplinary academic and practical foundation in communication, media and film production.
PEO 2: To integrate theory and research through deliberations on practical applications of concepts.
PEO 3: To have sharpened ability to converse critically and innovatively about real life issues.
PEO 4: To be able to demonstrate skill sets as per industry requirements in respective fields.
PEO 5: To be able to engage in discussion and reflect human values.
PEO6: To be able to synthesize aesthetic, social and cultural domains of knowledge.
After successful completion of the two years of M.A. (FTNMP) programme, the post-graduate will be able to:
PSO 1: Demonstrate various skills set with respect to disciplines of Arts, Media, OTT, TV, Film, and other New Media Production.
PSO 2: Exhibit skills of effective communication and research aptitude in TV, OTT, Cinema and Films Production.
PSO 3: Use analytical and research tools to practice media criticism, management, and marketing.
PSO 4: Utilize information technology tools pertaining to media, TV and production.
PSO 5: Make use of practical skills in the field of TV, documentary, feature films, OTT platform, and new media content.
PSO 6: Understand the importance of ethical values, social, environmental, human rights and other critical issues faced by humanity at the local, national and international level and relate it with Cinema, Television and New Media production.
- Film Director
- Broadcast Presenter
- Location Manager
- Camera Operator
- Program Researcher
- Production Designer
- Art Director
- Video Editor
- Television Camera Operator
- Television Production Coordinator
- Concept Artist
- Event Manager
- Marketing Executive
- Public Relations Officer
- Special Effects Technician
- VFX Artist
- Academic Instructor, Faculty, Professor
- Writing for Media
- Photography & Cinematography
- Sound Design and SFX
- Film & TV Theory & Appreciation
- Post Production & Computer graphics
- New Media Theory and Practice
- Film Production (Fiction and Nonfiction)
Choose any 4 courses from the list
- Web Production and Programming
- Visual Communication
- Electronic Media Criticism
- Media Economics
- Laws related to Film, TV and Internet
- Perspectives in Media Business
- Marketing & Publicity Design
- Practical Filmmaking (Dissertation / Project)
Jahnvi Indravadan BhavsarAlumni
“The First Step Towards Getting Somewhere is to Decide that you are not going to stay where you are” I would Like to express my gratitude towards our Principal Madam, Vice Principal Sir, Co-ordinator, and the entire faculty of KES Shroff College for helping me reach where I am now.nd I feel so proud when I say I was a student of KES Shroff College. Thank you for making me the person I am today. I have learned many things whether it was practical or theoretical knowledge, the College always supported me and other students and gave us the platform to participate in a number of activities and exploring ourselves. Professors of KES Shroff College were so kind and calm and always ready to support their students any time and helped them stand on their own feet . I also got the opportunity to be the Secretary of the Banca Association. I will never ever forget those moments which I have spent in the BANCA Association where we had lots of fun and at the same time organized events. Really missing my college days.
My three years degree course in the Banking and Finance were among the best years of my life. My experience at KES Shroff College not only made me a better person but also prepared me in unpredictable ways for my career. Through workshops with incredibly supportive classmates, and professors who were nothing short of champions, I was challenged to discover a voice I didn’t know I had. That voice has played a central role in my work. Having been shaped in part by the collegial and creative, yet rigorous, environment at KESSC, I found myself able to communicate, innovate, and collaborate in ways that enabled me to build a successful rewarding career. It was a wonderful time in my life, and the best educational experience I’ve had.
Mohini Yashwant PatilAlumni
Being a part of KES Shroff College has been a wonderful experience. Here I learned success is a journey and not a destination. Along with academics, a lot of different activities on campus allowed me to polish my talents and have an overall development. I am grateful to Principal Bhushan Ma'am and all Professors who stood by me and assisted me in making me what I am today personally and where I am today professionally. Proud KESSC student
Viral Pravin KavaAlumni
Being a student of KES Shroff College was itself an immense pleasure and a feeling of pride for all the students. I was so lucky to be around such renowned faculty who showered their love and knowledge on me. It's not the only place to receive academic knowledge but the overall development of a student. I must say today I have transformed into a better person after my graduation, the sense of understanding and maturity has come, where values are taught and you realize you have come an extra mile ahead to face the challenges and rat race of the world.
I've never had so much fun as I did being a student at KES Shroff college. So many extra circular activities happening regularly, I always wanted to participate in everything. Along with the extra circular, the teaching faculty at the college is truly amazing as well. They would make sure that every student present is understanding the topic being taught. Overall, it's not just a college but rather a complete experience. The teachers, consider student's points of view and make sure the students are not being overburdened at any moment.
How to Apply
The admission procedure usually starts in the month of June after the results of undergraduate programmes are declared.
- Fill the Pre-enrollment form of the University of Mumbai through the University portal (mum.digitaluniversity.ac). Select the autonomous option for MAFTNMP (Master of Arts in Film, Television and New Media Production).
- Fill online admission form on kesshroffcollege.com
- Upload a copy of the pre-enrollment form, Graduation mark sheet/digital result,HSC mark sheet/digital result, caste/reservation certificate if applicable, and E-Suvidha ticket.
- On the declaration of merit list (first then second then third if applicable) pay the fees along with submission of the documents such as Undertaking regarding admission confirmation, SSC(X marksheet), Leaving Certificate, Adhar card, scanned copy of Cheque book leaflet/bank account details and transfer certificate in case the student is from outside Maharashtra.
- For further details and to know more about the college visit kesshroffcollege.com.
Students who have passed a bachelor’s course from any discipline/ faculty of a recognized (by UGC-DE Council or any other competent body appointed for the said purpose by the due authority) university in India, or the degree from any foreign university, which has been approved by UGC/Association of Indian Universities and is considered equivalent and at par with Indian Degrees. In case of more applications are received than the sanctioned strength then Merit-Wise entrance test will be the criteria for selection. Reservations as per University rules will be applicable.
Total no. of Seats: 60
Reservation of Seats: Reservations are as per the Government policy.
Fees: As prescribed by the University of Mumbai. The details have been mentioned on the college Notice board and the College website http://www. kesshroffcollege.com
Duration of Programme: 4 Semesters spread over 2 years. The programme shall consist of 15 Theory papers and Project work.
Enforcement of Attendance:
Our college is a pioneer institute in introducing the computerized attendance system. The computerized defaulters’ lists are displayed division wise regularly at the end of every month on the Students Notice Board. The students failing to fulfill the required attendance shall be DETAINED and shall not be permitted to take the Annual / Board examination. Warning letters from the Principal are sent to parents of the defaulting students. The letters are given to the concerned students by the class teachers in the classrooms. The students must hand over these warning letters to the parents. Students should note that fulfilling the attendance requirement alone will not qualify them to appear for the examination. Their academic performance should also be to the satisfaction of the principal.
General Rules & Regulations:
- Every student should obtain an ID card and show at the entry
- Students should not loiter in the corridors when the lectures are engaged
- Giving proxy attendance is a serious act of indiscipline
- Students applying for certificates/testimonials and attestation should first contact the college office
- Ragging is strictly prohibited on the college premises
- The use of mobile phones inside the college is strictly prohibited. If caught using a cell phone it is confiscated for a period of 1 year
- Cancellation of admission
- Refusal to grant admission in future
- Withholding or withdrawing of University exam form
- Expulsion / rustication from college
- Fine not exceeding Rs. 300
- Non-refund of fees and deposits
- Suspension for a specified period