Some of the hottest buzzwords in the IT space include data science, analytics, and machine learning. All of these are based upon a foundation of business intelligence, which rests on the shoulders of data warehousing. A solid understanding of Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence (DW/BI) is critical in order to be successful as a data professional in today’s marketplace.
In this certificate course, Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence, you’ll begin with an understanding of the terms and concepts of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence. Next, you’ll see concrete examples which clearly illustrate these terms. Finally students will learn data visualization with the help of Tableau.
Why this Course
Data warehousing is an increasingly important business intelligence tool, allowing organizations to ensure consistency in data coming from various sources, it helps organizations decision support system and to make better business decisions.
The certificate course in Datawarehousing & Business Intelligence offers all the skill set which is important to become an business analyst. after completion of the course students can prepare summary of data that can be represented in form report and can be made available on dashboard
- To identify the scope and essentiality of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
- To analyze data, choose relevant models and algorithms for respective applications.
- Explore ETL operation to understand extraction transformation and loading of data into cube.
- Get well versed with various Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence tools.
After completing this course, learner will be able to:
- Understand Data Warehouse fundamentals, Business Intelligence Principles.
- Design data warehouse with dimensional modelling and apply OLAP operations.
- Perform ETL operation on data imported from multiple sources.
- Use tools like Talend DI Open Studio and Tableau.
- Demonstrate the impact of business reporting, information visualization, and dashboards.
Modules at a Glance
- Introduction to Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence
- Data Warehouse Architecture
- Data Warehouse Dimension & Fact Tables
- Data Modeling
- Introduction to Open Source ETL Tool
- Introduction to Data Visualization BI Tool Tableau 9.x
- Building Data Visualization BI Project With Tableau 9.x
How to Apply
The Certificate Courses are offered twice a year during even and odd semesters. Students interested can take admission in the offered certificate courses at the beginning of the semester.
Students from other institutions can also take admission in these certificate courses at the beginning of even and odd semesters by contacting the concerned teacher incharge and by paying the required fees for the course.
Any individual who has successfully completed HSC (12TH) in any Stream. Or Any student Studying in KES Shroff College in different programmes.
The Certificate will be awarded to the student who
- will attend the lectures as per college norms minimum 60% attendance is must to appear for the examination.
- will successfully pass the examination with a minimum 40% .