Aimed at both the beginner and intermediate web designer, this comprehensive, easy-to-understand course will teach learners the fundamentals of web develop and techniques. The course will first guide through the essential tools for web page development including HTML, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and JQuery. Students will be shown how to create a HTML page and then how to easily and quickly add content, images, links, tables and lists to it.
This course will provide full understanding of key concepts that are commonly used in web pages, including the meaning of inheritance, cascade, pseudo classe elements and selectors. The course then guides you through the use of font, background styles and style sheets.
Why this Course
Web designing is a creative career, highly in demand. As Internet usage keeps increasing, more and more businesses want their own websites. Web designers come up with out-of-the-box design ideas and use software & high-end technology to design websites that are easy to use & fun to look at.
A career in web designing is exciting, as every new project brings new challenges and involves a lot of creative thinking. This certificate course in web design and development covers all aspect of industry level of expertise for developing a website, and after completion of these course one can pursue his/her career in web development.
- Job-oriented, industry centric curriculum
- Hands-on practical training using latest tools and software
- Experienced faculty
The objective is to develop an ability of the students to:
- Define modern protocols and systems used on the Web (such as HTML, URLs, CSS)
- Explain the functions of clients and servers on the Web, and describe the strengths and weaknesses of the client-server internet approaches to web design and implementation
- Program, access, and manipulate data through the adoption of accepted standards, markup languages, client-side programming.
- Design and implement an interactive web site(s) with regard to issues of usability, accessibility and internationalization.
Upon completion students will be able to:
- Select and apply markup languages for processing, identifying, and presenting of information in web pages.
- Use scripting languages and web services to transfer data and add interactive components to web pages.
- Create and manipulate web media objects using editing software
Modules at a Glance
- History, Vision & Future of HTML5
- Getting Started With HTML5
- Structure of a Web Page
- Forms, Audio and Video
- HTML5 Canvas
- CSS Introduction, The Power of CSS
- Selectors and Pseudo Classes
- Fonts and Text Effects
- Colours, Gradients, Background Images, and Masks
- Transitions, Transforms, and Animations
- Layout: Columns and Flexible Box, Media
- Implementing CSS3 in the “Real World”
How to Apply
The Certificate Courses are offered twice a year during even and odd semesters. Students interested can take admission in the offered certificate courses at the beginning of the semester.
Students from other institutions can also take admission in these certificate courses at the beginning of even and odd semesters by contacting the concerned teacher incharge and by paying the required fees for the course.
Any individual who has successfully completed HSC (12TH) in any Stream. Or Any student Studying in KES Shroff College in different programmes.
The Certificate will be awarded to the student who
- will attend the lectures as per college norms minimum 60% attendance is must to appear for the examination.
- will successfully pass the examination with a minimum 40% .