Waste Recycling means that the material is reprocessed before being used to make new products. The reprocessing activities can have an impact on people’s health and the environment, but these impacts are usually lower than those from making the product from new, raw materials. Recycling means treating the materials as valuable resources rather than as waste.
The course is divided into two units each unit is of 15 hrs duration. The modules of the course are structured in such a way that it will help the students to understand and manage their waste including; Waste classification and Introduction to Recycling, Resource recovery/ Recycling, Best out of waste, Awareness/cleanliness drive on public littering. The students are assessed internally for 40 marks through presentations & quizzes based on the contents of the lectures and the external assessment is undertaken in the form of descriptive examination for 60 marks.
Why this Course
To understand what is waste, sources of waste and its types, segregation of waste, 3 R’s of recycling, and the importance of recycling. Different methods of resource recovery, recyclables, the process of recycling Collection of different categories of recyclables like paper, plastic, metal, glass and its end (re-cycled) products Recent advances in waste management and Present scenario. Students will understand that recycling involves a firsthand commitment to making the environment healthier. Awareness regarding public littering and its ill effects. Steps to be taken to solve the issue.
- To increase students’ knowledge about environmental issues, including the benefit of REDUCE, REUSE, and RECYCLE materials
- To provide students with an effective voice and focal point for community recycling
- To make students work towards a shared zero-waste future
- To teach students how to minimize adverse environmental impact
- The basic idea and terminology relevant to recycling and the well-established processes for waste recovery/recycling
- A comprehensive introduction to resource and waste management
- Expertise in recognizing and managing hazardous waste
- Enhance the ability to think sustainably in every aspect of life
How to Apply
The Certificate Courses are offered twice a year during even and odd semesters. Students interested can take admission in the offered certificate courses at the beginning of the semester.
Students from other institutions can also take admission in these certificate courses at the beginning of even and odd semesters by contacting the concerned teacher incharge and by paying the required fees for the course.
Any individual who has successfully completed HSC (12TH) in any Stream. Or Any student Studying in KES Shroff College in different programmes.
The Certificate will be awarded to the student who
- will attend the lectures as per college norms minimum 60% attendance is must to appear for the examination.
- will successfully pass the examination with a minimum 40% .