The concept of retailing in India dates back to ancient times when it was mainly in the form of weekly markets and the village fairs. With revolutionary changes taking place in the worldwide economy and due to changing socio-economic patterns the growing importance of 24/7 operation of the business, the retail sector has been undergoing a paradigm shift across the world. To adapt to these changing requirements of the retail world, we have designed this course to enhance the knowledge of marketing and operational concepts of retailing among students.
The course is divided into two units each unit is of 15 hrs duration. The modules of this course are structured to inculcate knowledge among the pupils about various topics in the retail industry including; Introduction to retail marketing, consumer behavior and retail operations, retail strategy and market planning, and retail marketing and communication. The students are assessed internally for 40 marks through presentations & based on the contents of the lectures and the external assessment is undertaken in the form of descriptive examination for 60 marks.
Why this Course
Retail marketing management is a very promising and lucrative career option. It helps in providing career versatility as there are many profiles that can be handled. It also helps in improving decision-making skills and develops a variety of skill sets. It also leads to a stable career path and rewarding pay packages. The world of today has turned into a global village. Technological advancements have a huge impact on contemporary retail business. This course is required to make students aware of the new opportunities and challenges of the retail industry.
- To provide insight on Retail Marketing and its operations
- To create awareness of various avenues in Retail Marketing as a career option
- To acquaint the students with developments in retailing at the national and international level
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the context and environment in which retail sector operates
- Apply a strategic approach in resolving retailing issues
- Exhibit an in-depth awareness of best practices in retailing
How to Apply
The Certificate Courses are offered twice a year during even and odd semesters. Students interested can take admission in the offered certificate courses at the beginning of the semester.
Students from other institutions can also take admission in these certificate courses at the beginning of even and odd semesters by contacting the concerned teacher incharge and by paying the required fees for the course.
Any individual who has successfully completed HSC (12TH) in any Stream. Or Any student Studying in KES Shroff College in different programmes.
The Certificate will be awarded to the student who
- will attend the lectures as per college norms minimum 60% attendance is must to appear for the examination.
- will successfully pass the examination with a minimum 40% .