The course seeks to create a common minimum knowledge benchmark for all associated persons registered as research analyst under SEBI (Research Analyst) Regulations, 2014, individuals employed as research analyst and partners of a research analyst, engaged in preparation and/or publication of research report or research analysis.
An associated person shall be required to pass the NISM-Series-XV: Research Analyst Certification Examination to fulfill the requirements specified under Regulation 7(2) of the SEBI (Research Analysts) Regulations, 2014.
The certification aims to enhance the quality of services provided by research analyst in the financial services industry.
Why this Course
- To make the learner aware about the basics of Indian Securities Markets, different terminologies used in equity and debt markets, different approaches and basic principles of fundamental research, understand about the Qualitative and Quantitative dimensions with regards to Company Analysis, the Fundamentals of Risk and Return, Valuation Principles and the philosophy of various Corporate Actions, Understand the qualities of a good research report.
- To integrate knowledge of financial markets gained during the curriculum to take practical decision.
- To perform a critical thinking analysis from available information to make important strategic investment decisions.
- To understand complex compliances in the financial market in easier way through which student can achieve the desired results.
- To develop an ability to explore understand professional code of ethics, disclosure requirements, qualities of a good research report for research analysts and enhance the quality of services.
On successful completion of the examination, the candidate should
- Know the basics structure and terminologies of Indian Securities Markets.
- Able to perform a critical thinking analysis from available information and conduct the top down and bottom up approach to make important strategic investment decisions.
- Know the basic principles for micro and macro-economic, make efficient use of different information and the various variables affecting the analysis.
- Know about the Fundamentals of Risk and Return, Valuation Principles and the philosophy of various Corporate Actions. Understand the qualities of a good research report.
- Can explore understand professional code of ethics, disclosure requirements, required qualities of a good research report for research analysts and enhance the quality of services.
How to Apply
The Certificate Courses are offered twice a year during even and odd semesters. Students interested can take admission in the offered certificate courses at the beginning of the semester.
Students from other institutions can also take admission in these certificate courses at the beginning of even and odd semesters by contacting the concerned teacher incharge and by paying the required fees for the course.
Any individual who has successfully completed HSC (12TH) in any Stream. Or Any student Studying in KES Shroff College in different programmes.
The Certificate will be awarded to the student who
- will attend the lectures as per college norms minimum 60% attendance is must to appear for the examination.
- will successfully pass the examination with a minimum 40% .