- This course has designed to develop skills related to Geographical Information System, Remote Sensing, and Photogrammetry, GPS and Web Mapping etc. and its applications in Geography
- The training is provided by well trained and experienced faculty. The hands on training will be provided to trainee in well- equipped computer lab with different GIS and RS software.
- It also supports Geographical research related to terrain, hydrology, vegetation, resources etc. image analysis, and photogrammetry as well as digital and thematic cartography.
Why this Course
- The course develops the capacity and skills for various career opportunities related to planning, policy making, disaster management, urban planning, tourism development, watershed management, resources development, infrastructure development.
- Certificate Course in Geographical Information Systems (GIS), and Remote Sensing (RS) has been introduced to develop capacity building in Geographical data collection, processing, compilation and analysis and effective presentation with the help of modern geospatial tools and techniques.
- To introduce importance of increasing Geoinfomatics trends in various professions
- To cater knowledge Knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of remote sensing, electromagnetic spectrum and aerial photography
- To provide hands on practicals of applications in Remote Sensing, geographic information system and global positioning system
- Students completing this course will be equipped to follow careers in managing, projecting and analyzing spatial and geographic system and application in a wide variety of organizations and application areas.
- Students will gain the unique knowledge and skills necessary to facilitate the design development of a complex system and applications in a rapid emerging Geo-informatics profession.
- The course teaches students that how to apply creative and critical thinking in solving application in multidisciplinary areas using Geo-infomatics.
Modules at a Glance
- Concepts Of Remote Sensing Technology- I
- Remote Sensing Technology – II
- GPS and Aerial photographs
- Digital Image Processing
- Analysis And Application
- Introduction to GIS
- Cartographic Principles
- GIS Data
- Vectorization and Vector data analysis
- Non Spatial Data Analysis
How to Apply
The Certificate Courses are offered twice a year during even and odd semesters. Students interested can take admission in the offered certificate courses at the beginning of the semester.
Students from other institutions can also take admission in these certificate courses at the beginning of even and odd semesters by contacting the concerned teacher incharge and by paying the required fees for the course.
Any individual who has successfully completed HSC (12TH) in any Stream. Or Any student Studying in KES Shroff College in different programmes.
The Certificate will be awarded to the student who
- will attend the lectures as per college norms minimum 60% attendance is must to appear for the examination.
- will successfully pass the examination with a minimum 40% .