Why this Course
One can learn the Korean Alphabet quickly. The writing system is incredibly logical and Korean grammar is straightforward hence super easy to grasp. It’s easy to speak and understand in Korean. Konglish gives English speakers an advantage as many similar English words. K-Pop Music is super trendy and fun. You can understand Korean dramas and movies better. And it will also help in TOPIK level 1 exams.
- Understand the structure and characteristic of Korean language and furthermore, understand Korean linguistic culture which is needed in everyday life.
- To enable students to develop an ability to Read, Write and Speak in Korean language.
- The intricacies of the Korean pronunciation, grammar with extensive vocabulary and know the differences in the Korean speech styles. (Formal/Informal expressions)
- Demonstrate comprehension of significant details of spoken and written Korean.
- Enhance more about the language through listening short dialogues and presenting in group.
- Read and restate main information in authentic texts such as short letters, blog entries, or simple ads.
- Describe quantity of items using appropriate numbers of systems (native and Sino-Korean based on noun classifiers).
- Carry out basic conversations, including asking/giving simple directions, making requests, and inquiring on someone’s background.
- Recognize and understand many familiar words or phrases in authentic audio materials such as songs, drama clips, or commercials.
- Exchange basic information about familiar topics, such as daily routines, and past activities in the simple present and past tense.
Modules at a Glance
- Introduction to Korean language, Korean culture and History
- Greetings and Introducing
- Korean Numbers system
- 20 starter Phrases
- Creating Simple Sentences
- About locations words and markers
- Introduction to Descriptive verbs
- Conjugation of verbs
- Pronouns and Possession
- To have, not to have
- Future, past Present tense
- Dates and Time
- Direct modifier for the verbs
- Giving receiving markers
- Making verbs Negative
- Asking for things and counters
- Can and can’t in sentences
- Want to, don’t want to and Colors
- Comprehensions on each chapter
- Reading short stories, listening to small audios and discuss in group
How to Apply
The Certificate Courses are offered twice a year during even and odd semesters. Students interested can take admission in the offered certificate courses at the beginning of the semester.
Students from other institutions can also take admission in these certificate courses at the beginning of even and odd semesters by contacting the concerned teacher incharge and by paying the required fees for the course.
Any individual who has successfully completed HSC (12TH) in any Stream. Or Any student Studying in KES Shroff College in different programmes.
The Certificate will be awarded to the student who
- will attend the lectures as per college norms minimum 60% attendance is must to appear for the examination.
- will successfully pass the examination with a minimum 40% .