IFRS in India is a reality now!! On 16 February 2015, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) issued a notification announcing a roadmap for implementation of Indian Accounting Standards (Ind AS) converged with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). To help understand how International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) are used around the world & distinguish from other accounting and finance professionals and expand career -opportunities globally. IFRS certificate will help students to get exposure to the international standards that are prevailing in the financial world. The IFRS certificate course is designed to develop academic knowledge on IFRS, providing a basic understanding of the concepts and framework of IFRS.
Why this Course
- To help you understand how International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) are used around the world
- Distinguish you from other accounting and finance professionals and expand your career opportunities globally.
- IND-AS, the latest set of accounting standards implemented by India Inc. are in the spirit in compliance with IFRS
- Understanding of basic IFRS standards and principles and frameworks.
- Understanding the financial presentation under the IFRS framework.
- Getting familiar with a newer set of financial statements like “Statement of Total Comprehensive Income” & “Statement of Changes in Equity”
- Getting familiar with the flow of transactions and disclosure requirements in financial statements as well as notes to accounts.
- Gain an insight into the recording and analyzing the transactions for compliance under IFRS
- Key differences between IGAAP, Ind AS and IFRS.
The knowledge bank on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is enhanced which is imperative from an Employer perspective for any job openings in the sector of Corporate Accounting & Finance. The student even with basic knowledge carries high regard.
Modules at a Glance
- Introduction, the structure of IASB and convergence- IAS 1 – Presentation of Financial Statements
- IAS 16 – Property, Plant and Equipment; and – Definition, Measurement, recognition and disclosure basics of Banking
- IFRS 15 – Revenue from contracts with the customer
- Accounting policy, Errors, and Estimates
- IFRS 2 – Share Based Payment, IFRS 9, IFRS 7, IAS 12 – Income Taxes
How to Apply
The Certificate Courses are offered twice a year during even and odd semesters. Students interested can take admission in the offered certificate courses at the beginning of the semester.
Students from other institutions can also take admission in these certificate courses at the beginning of even and odd semesters by contacting the concerned teacher incharge and by paying the required fees for the course.
Any individual who has successfully completed HSC (12TH) in any Stream. Or Any student Studying in KES Shroff College in different programmes.
The Certificate will be awarded to the student who
- will attend the lectures as per college norms minimum 60% attendance is must to appear for the examination.
- will successfully pass the examination with a minimum 40% .