- Certificate Course in Social Work and Social Security has been introduced to develop capacity building in finding solutions to specific problems of the community or society or the individual by application of sociological and psychological principal along with legal information.
- Course intends to develop skill among students who will be learning about common socioeconomic struggles that affect an array of people and communities, as well as the ways that social workers try to solve or help with those problems.
- The course develops the capacity and skills for various career opportunities related to NGOs, child welfare social workers, gerontology social worker, planning, policy making, hospitals as community health workers, research assistant.
- It also enhances the research skills related to human rights, legal rights of the vulnerable section, social security acts and limitations and many other social, psychological and legal topics.
- The training is provided by faculty of Sociology, psychology and law along with social workers and trained staff from NGOs. It will be an experiential learning programme with an extensive field work.
Why this Course
Certificate Course in Social Work and Social Security intends to develop skill among students who will be learning about common socioeconomic struggles that affect an array of people and communities, as well as the ways that social workers try to solve or help with those problems.
- To prepare students for inclusive practice with diverse & vulnerable groups in society throughout a variety of local and regional social service settings.
- To prepare students for ethical decision-making guided by the values, principles & standards of the social work profession, particularly the values of self-determination, empowerment, & regard for diversity.
- To understand the history, development and components of Social Work and Social Security.
- To understand the concept, components, processes and importance of social work and social security.
Understanding and striving to improve the lives of people in society.
Applying social work ethical principles to guide professional practice.
Analysing information to improve student learning in social work.
Modules at a Glance
Unit I – Fundamentals of Social Work
Unit II – Types and Scope of Social Work
Unit III – Methods of Social Work/ Social Action
Unit IV – Basic of Counselling
Unit V – Social Security
Unit V – Social Security in India
Unit VII – Social Legislation and Justice
Unit VIII – Field Work
How to Apply
The Certificate Courses are offered twice a year during even and odd semesters. Students interested can take admission in the offered certificate courses at the beginning of the semester.
Students from other institutions can also take admission in these certificate courses at the beginning of even and odd semesters by contacting the concerned teacher incharge and by paying the required fees for the course.
Any individual who has successfully completed HSC (12TH) in any Stream. Or Any student Studying in KES Shroff College in different programmes.
The Certificate will be awarded to the student who
- will attend the lectures as per college norms minimum 60% attendance is must to appear for the examination.
- will successfully pass the examination with a minimum 40% .