When the exchange rate between the domestic and foreign currencies is fixed by the monetary authority of a country and is not allowed to fluctuate beyond a limit, it is called a fixed exchange rate. … Under a fixed exchange rate system, the government assumes the responsibility of ensuring the stability of the exchange rate
Why this Course
- The learner will benefit by better understanding of worldwide fluctuations in foreign exchange rates.
This course is primarily intended as an introduction to the theoretical and practical aspects of Exchange Rate Arithmetic for anyone interested in how the exchange rates work and other intricacies involved with Exchange Rates.
This course is ideal for the students taking various examinations of the Institute of Bankers.
With many case studies included in this course which will prove useful to many who are actually engaged in this interesting branch of financial derivatives and banking
Modules at a Glance
- What is Foreign Exchange?
- Different FOREX participants
- Currency Pairs, Direct/ Indirect Quote, Bid/ Ask Rate
- Two Way Quotation Method, Various Foreign Currency accounts
- What are Derivatives?
- Types of Derivatives- Forward Contracts, Futures, Options, Currency Swaps
How to Apply
The Certificate Courses are offered twice a year during even and odd semesters. Students interested can take admission in the offered certificate courses at the beginning of the semester.
Students from other institutions can also take admission in these certificate courses at the beginning of even and odd semesters by contacting the concerned teacher incharge and by paying the required fees for the course.
Any individual who has successfully completed HSC (12TH) in any Stream. Or Any student Studying in KES Shroff College in different programmes.
The Certificate will be awarded to the student who
- will attend the lectures as per college norms minimum 60% attendance is must to appear for the examination.
- will successfully pass the examination with a minimum 40% .