Ethical hackers play the role of an intruder by attempting to gain access to a computer system or network, application, or data. They do this legally and with authorization from the company as a way to identify vulnerabilities. Working in this field means you need to think like a hacker and use your best offensive cybersecurity skills to help improve the security of your company.
If you’re interested in a career as an ethical hacker, you might consider earning a certification as a way to:
- Build new offensive security skills
- Validate your skills to potential employers
- Enhance your resume
- Qualify for new job opportunities
- Boost your confidence on the job
Why this Course
Over the last few years, the financial services sector has been hiring cybersecurity professionals almost as fast as government contractors. Since the creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, regulations have forced financial institutions to reconsider how they manage cybersecurity—which in turn has opened new job opportunities for ethical hackers.
Students will learn to:
- To investigate reconnaissance: Information gathering for the ethical hacker
- To explore scanning and enumeration and wireless network hacking
- To explore hacking through the network: Sniffers and evasion
- To investigate how to attack a computer system
- To investigate web-based hacking
- To investigate trojans and other attacks
- To Perform penetration testing
Students will be able to:
- Identify and analyse the stages an ethical hacker requires to take in order to compromise a target system.
- Identify tools and techniques to carry out a penetration testing.
- Critically evaluate security techniques used to protect system and user data.
- Demonstrate systematic understanding of the concepts of security at the level of policy and strategy in a computer system.
How to Apply
The Certificate Courses are offered twice a year during even and odd semesters. Students interested can take admission in the offered certificate courses at the beginning of the semester.
Students from other institutions can also take admission in these certificate courses at the beginning of even and odd semesters by contacting the concerned teacher incharge and by paying the required fees for the course.
Any individual who has successfully completed HSC (12TH) in any Stream. Or Any student Studying in KES Shroff College in different programmes.
The Certificate will be awarded to the student who
- will attend the lectures as per college norms minimum 60% attendance is must to appear for the examination.
- will successfully pass the examination with a minimum 40% .