The use of Excel is widespread in the industry. It is a very powerful data analysis tool and almost all big and small businesses use Excel in their day to day functioning. This is an introductory course in the use of Excel and is designed to give you a working knowledge of Excel with the aim of getting to use it for more advance topics in Business Statistics later. The course is designed keeping in mind two kinds of learners – those who have very little functional knowledge of Excel and those who use Excel regularly but at a peripheral level and wish to enhance their skills. The course takes you from basic operations such as reading data into excel using various data formats, organizing and manipulating data, to some of the more advanced functionality of Excel. All along, Excel functionality is introduced using easy to understand examples which are demonstrated in a way that learners can become comfortable in understanding and applying them.
Why this Course
Demonstrate proficiency in using spreadsheets and utilizing Excel to perform a variety of data analysis tasks like data wrangling and data mining
Create various charts and plots in Excel & work with IBM Cognos Analytics to build dashboards.
Students will learn to:
- To make student aware of various formatting function in Microsoft Excel.
- To make them understand use of mathematical and accounting functions to generate desired results.
- To teach the use of pivot table and charts for visualization and summarization of data.
- To teach implementation of macros in Microsoft Excel
Students will be able to:
- List and explain various function used in Microsoft excel.
- Associate various formulas and functions and relate it to implement on available data sets.
- Implement transformation functions on varied source of data for the purpose of data cleaning.
- Illustrate data in form of charts and pivot table based on organized data available in excel.
- Validate data in the excel and detect abnormalities in data
- Compose report and dashboard to summarize large amount of data.
Modules at a Glance
- Getting started
- Working with worksheet
- Formulas and Functions
- Financial Functions
- Charts and Tables
- Pivot Tables
- Data analysis tools
How to Apply
The Certificate Courses are offered twice a year during even and odd semesters. Students interested can take admission in the offered certificate courses at the beginning of the semester.
Students from other institutions can also take admission in these certificate courses at the beginning of even and odd semesters by contacting the concerned teacher incharge and by paying the required fees for the course.
Any individual who has successfully completed HSC (12TH) in any Stream. Or Any student Studying in KES Shroff College in different programmes.
The Certificate will be awarded to the student who
- will attend the lectures as per college norms minimum 60% attendance is must to appear for the examination.
- will successfully pass the examination with a minimum 40% .