The Big Data on Cloud certification program is developed for the students to learn about the various aspects of data management such as storing and processing that aids in creating data-based applications. This online course is provided by the TCS iON digital learning hub and the course study is designed for a period of five to six months. The course delves into concepts of data analysis and data retention for the long term.
The mode of learning in this certification program is aided with virtual learning tools and techniques through online lectures, tutorials, practical sessions, industry-oriented assignments, and other assessments. The mentors for this training program are the academic professionals Dr. Rajiv Misra and Dr. Sriparna Sahi, assistant professors in the department of computer science and engineering at IIT Patna along with the industry expert Dr. Arabinda Mandal, an enterprise architect at TCS. The Big Data on Cloud certification training equips the students with digital certificates and five credit points after course completion.
Why this Course
The ‘Big Data on Cloud’ certification curriculum is structured for the students to gain a comprehensive understanding of the process of extracting data, in-memory computation, data processing, data model designing, constructing data lakes, data pipelines automation, data visualization, and information derivation. The learners of this program will develop expertise in the engineering of data, technologies of big data, and cloud computing. The practical sessions during the course are aided with access to amazon web services(AWS).
Students will learn to:
- To study the basic technologies that forms the foundations of Big Data.
- To study the security and management aspects of cloud computing with a view to rapid prototyping of complex applications.
- To understand the specialized aspects of Data Extraction, Transformation, and loading.
- To study different types of algorithms and data processing techniques.
Students will be able to:
- Student must be Able to understand the building blocks of Big Data
- Student must be able to articulate the security and management aspect of cloud computing
- Student must be able to demonstrate the skill related to Data Extraction, Transformation, and loading.
- Student must be able to implement different types of algorithms and data processing techniques.
How to Apply
The Certificate Courses are offered twice a year during even and odd semesters. Students interested can take admission in the offered certificate courses at the beginning of the semester.
Students from other institutions can also take admission in these certificate courses at the beginning of even and odd semesters by contacting the concerned teacher incharge and by paying the required fees for the course.
Any individual who has successfully completed HSC (12TH) in any Stream. Or Any student Studying in KES Shroff College in different programmes.
The Certificate will be awarded to the student who
- will attend the lectures as per college norms minimum 60% attendance is must to appear for the examination.
- will successfully pass the examination with a minimum 40% .