Arduino is a prototype platform (open-source) based on easy-to-use hardware and software. It consists of a circuit board, which can be programed (referred to as a microcontroller), and a ready-made software called Arduino IDE (Integrated Development Environment), which is used to write and upload the computer code to the physical board.
Arduino provides a standard form factor that breaks the functions of the micro-controller into a more accessible package.
Why this Course
So, you know that Arduino is easy to use. But why should you spend time learning how to use this microcontroller board? Well, it’s incredibly flexible. With an Arduino, you can do everything from control a robot to manage a home automation project—and plenty besides.
The key benefits of learning Arduino are:
- You can build awesome projects
- Arduino is great for programming
- You can learn electronics easily
- It’s a cheap hobby to start
- Arduino might suit you better than a Raspberry Pi
- To learn basic electronic concepts, breadboard and electronic components, and writing lab reports.
- To learn how the Arduino platform works in terms of the physical board and libraries and the IDE
- To develop skills to design and implement various smart system applications.
The students will:
1. Learn the basics of electronics, including reading schematics (electronics diagrams)
2. Learn how to prototype circuits with a breadboard
3. Learn the Arduino programming language and IDE
4. Program basic Arduino examples
5. Prototype circuits and connects them to the Arduino
6. Program the Arduino microcontroller to make the circuits work
7. Connect the Arduino microcontroller to a serial terminal to understand
communication and stand-alone use
8. Explore the provided example code and online resources for extending knowledge
about the capabilities of the Arduino microcontroller
How to Apply
The Certificate Courses are offered twice a year during even and odd semesters. Students interested can take admission in the offered certificate courses at the beginning of the semester.
Students from other institutions can also take admission in these certificate courses at the beginning of even and odd semesters by contacting the concerned teacher incharge and by paying the required fees for the course.
Any individual who has successfully completed HSC (12TH) in any Stream. Or Any student Studying in KES Shroff College in different programmes.
The Certificate will be awarded to the student who
- will attend the lectures as per college norms minimum 60% attendance is must to appear for the examination.
- will successfully pass the examination with a minimum 40% .