The world of finance has grown beyond imagination and a sound knowledge of key financial aspects plays a crucial role in better cognizance of business decisions for professionals. This certification program that gives students a valuable insight into important financial areas and is extremely relevant for decision-making.
The course takes a practical approach to consider how finance theory is applied to practical knowledge in the business world. It will help senior professionals delve deeper into how finance functions and gain familiarity with the form, content, and analysis of financial statements as well as principles and techniques of accounting. Additionally, it will also help professionals grasp the importance of cost control, breakeven, and variance analysis. After attending the program, participants will be able to communicate comfortably with financial executives and effectively contribute to better financial performance.
Why this Course
- To make learner aware about the basic elements of financial statements, principles of managing the working capital, points to consider to interpret the financial statements of companies or of an individuals and enable them to make informed decisions with respect to financial budgeting at individual level and at company level.
- To raise the level of financial awareness of participants and enable them to use the financial information provided to make better short-term or long-term decisions in managing the finances in personal life and to understand the financial statement in a better way.
On successful completion of the examination, the candidate should,
- Understand how business decisions made by an individual impact key elements of their financial status.
- Identify signals pointing to deterioration in financial condition
- Know the advantages of budgeting
- Analyze reasons for variances between the actual and budgeted results
- Understand current financial and economic issues
- Understand what is the cost of business operations and how to manage the same
- Know the basic principles of budgeting
- Be able to craft management information
Modules at a Glance
- Elements of financial statements I
- Elements of financial statements II
- Analysis of financial statements, Management of Working Capital
- Cost concepts and its application in Decision making I & II
- Budgets and budgetary control
- Capital Budgeting and Investment Appraisals
- Means of Finance, Financial Markets
How to Apply
The Certificate Courses are offered twice a year during even and odd semesters. Students interested can take admission in the offered certificate courses at the beginning of the semester.
Students from other institutions can also take admission in these certificate courses at the beginning of even and odd semesters by contacting the concerned teacher incharge and by paying the required fees for the course.
Any individual who has successfully completed HSC (12TH) in any Stream. Or Any student Studying in KES Shroff College in different programmes.
The Certificate will be awarded to the student who
- will attend the lectures as per college norms minimum 60% attendance is must to appear for the examination.
- will successfully pass the examination with a minimum 40% .