Interior design is the art and science of enhancing the interior of a building to achieve a healthier and more aesthetically pleasing environment for the people using the space.
Interior designing is a fascinating career, especially for those people who love transforming raw spaces into beautiful rooms. When choosing a creative profession, the first thing that most people think of is Interior Design. There is no doubt that this stream is the most preferred profession by students.
Considering the increasing population and space crunch, designing a space with limited resources is what people have started adapting to. Interior designing is not only about using creativity but also combining technical skills.
Why this Course
Our certificate programs are crafted to help you advance in your career in the field of the growing Interior Designing market.
An interior designer is someone who plans, researches, coordinates, and manages such enhancement projects. Interior design is a multifaceted profession that includes conceptual development, space planning, site inspections, programming, research, communicating with the stakeholders of a project, construction management, and execution of the design.
- To become aware of the planning principles for designing various interior spaces.
- To gain better understanding as regard the History of furniture, Anthropometric data in space designing for various activities.
- To apply Ergonomics in interior designing.
- To apply one’s aesthetics and creative abilities in making attractive and functional interiors.
On Successful completion of this course the students will be able :
- Recognize the elements and principles of design and their applications.
- Demonstrate competency in the design process.
- Recognize interior design as a business.
- Produce design compositions and develop presentation skills.
Modules at a Glance
- Graphic Design
- Basic Design
- Building Construction
- Design Studio
How to Apply
The Certificate Courses are offered once a year during odd semester. Students interested can take admission in the offered certificate courses at the beginning of the semester.
Students from other institutions can also take admission in these certificate courses at the beginning of even and odd semesters by contacting the concerned teacher incharge and by paying the required fees for the course.
Any individual who has successfully completed HSC (12TH) in any Stream. Or Any student Studying in KES Shroff College in different programmes.
The Certificate will be awarded to the student who
- will attend the lectures as per college norms minimum 60% attendance is must to appear for the examination.
- will successfully pass the examination with a minimum 40% .