The B.Com. Retail Management programme is commence from 2022-23 in KES’ Shroff College with an aim to make the students employable and impart industry-oriented training. The learning outcomes-based curriculum framework for B.Com. Retail Management is designed in such a way to ensure leadership level which involves managing business operations along with the accountability and competencies to lead a team. Such competencies can be attained and perfected over a period of time through work experience in a supervisory role along with training and certifications, which is designed in this programme. Therefore, after deliberation with the key stake holders in the industry, it was felt that there was a need for a programme in which the candidate acquires work-based training along with classroom based learning.
Why this Programme
This Graduate Apprenticeship Programme provides an opportunity for the candidate to work as an apprentice for the duration 21 months during her / his undergraduate course. The candidate is not only acquiring a graduate degree and accumulating credits of work experience, she / he is also securing a guaranteed job at a supervisory cadre after passing the three-year degree programme. The entire programme is facilitated through a tripartite agreement between College – RASCI – Industry with a commitment from the industry partner to on-board all such successful graduates at the supervisory cadre.
;The Objectives of the programme are as under:
PEO1: To have strong multidisciplinary academic foundation of various social, economic, political, environmental, and psychological issue.
PEO2: To integrate theory and research through deliberations on practical applications of Concepts.
PEO3: To have sharpened ability to converse critically and innovatively about real life issues.
PEO4: To be able to demonstrate skill sets as per industry requirements in respective fields.
PEO5: To be able to engage in discussion and reflect human values.
PEO6: To be able to synthesize aesthetic, social and cultural domains of knowledge
A graduate with a Bachelor of commerce in Retail Management will have the ability to:
PSO 1: Understand and apply retail management tools and techniques to interact with stakeholders
PSO 2: To develop decision making skills and competencies required for effective retail management in modern business
PSO 3: Apply research knowledge to analyse global retailing scenario
PSO 4: Know the emerging global trends in retail management
Financial Reporting Analyst
Equity & Fixed Income Representative
Agent & Broker
Loss Control Specialist
Mutual Fund Analyst
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Introduction to Retail Operations
- In Store Cashiering & Merchandising Operations – I
- Professional Communication
- Retail Associate cum Cashier- I (RAS/Q0108) (Duration: 540 Hours)
- Basics of Business Management
- In Store Cashiering & Merchandising Operations – II
- Microeconomics and Market Structure
- Retail Associate cum Cashier- II (RAS/Q0108) (Duration: 540 Hours)
- Sales Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- ERP & Computer Skills
- Retail Sales Associate-I (RAS/Q0104) (Duration: 540 Hours)
- Fundamentals of Financial & Cost Accounting
- FMCG/FMCD Sales & Distribution
- Non-Store Retailing
- Retail Sales Associate-II (RAS/Q0104) (Duration: 540 Hours)
- Team Management – I
- Operations Research
- Retail Team Leader-I (RAS/Q0105) (720 Hours)
- Team Management – II
- Store Operations Management
- Retail Team Leader-II (RAS/Q0105) (720 Hours)
Jahnvi Indravadan BhavsarAlumni
“The First Step Towards Getting Somewhere is to Decide that you are not going to stay where you are” I would Like to express my gratitude towards our Principal Madam, Vice Principal Sir, Co-ordinator, and the entire faculty of KES Shroff College for helping me reach where I am now.nd I feel so proud when I say I was a student of KES Shroff College. Thank you for making me the person I am today. I have learned many things whether it was practical or theoretical knowledge, the College always supported me and other students and gave us the platform to participate in a number of activities and exploring ourselves. Professors of KES Shroff College were so kind and calm and always ready to support their students any time and helped them stand on their own feet . I also got the opportunity to be the Secretary of the Banca Association. I will never ever forget those moments which I have spent in the BANCA Association where we had lots of fun and at the same time organized events. Really missing my college days.
My three years degree course in the Banking and Finance were among the best years of my life. My experience at KES Shroff College not only made me a better person but also prepared me in unpredictable ways for my career. Through workshops with incredibly supportive classmates, and professors who were nothing short of champions, I was challenged to discover a voice I didn’t know I had. That voice has played a central role in my work. Having been shaped in part by the collegial and creative, yet rigorous, environment at KESSC, I found myself able to communicate, innovate, and collaborate in ways that enabled me to build a successful rewarding career. It was a wonderful time in my life, and the best educational experience I’ve had.
Mohini Yashwant PatilAlumni
Being a part of KES Shroff College has been a wonderful experience. Here I learned success is a journey and not a destination. Along with academics, a lot of different activities on campus allowed me to polish my talents and have an overall development. I am grateful to Principal Bhushan Ma'am and all Professors who stood by me and assisted me in making me what I am today personally and where I am today professionally. Proud KESSC student
Viral Pravin KavaAlumni
Being a student of KES Shroff College was itself an immense pleasure and a feeling of pride for all the students. I was so lucky to be around such renowned faculty who showered their love and knowledge on me. It's not the only place to receive academic knowledge but the overall development of a student. I must say today I have transformed into a better person after my graduation, the sense of understanding and maturity has come, where values are taught and you realize you have come an extra mile ahead to face the challenges and rat race of the world.
I've never had so much fun as I did being a student at KES Shroff college. So many extra circular activities happening regularly, I always wanted to participate in everything. Along with the extra circular, the teaching faculty at the college is truly amazing as well. They would make sure that every student present is understanding the topic being taught. Overall, it's not just a college but rather a complete experience. The teachers, consider student's points of view and make sure the students are not being overburdened at any moment.
How to Apply
The admission procedure usually starts in the month of June after the results of class 12th are declared.
- Fill the Pre-enrollment form of the University of Mumbai through the University portal (mum.digitaluniversity.ac). Select the autonomous option for B.Com Retail Management.
- Fill online admission form on kesshroffcollege.com
- Upload a copy of the pre-enrollment form, digital result, HSC mark sheet/digital result, caste/reservation certificate if applicable, and E-Suvidha ticket.
- On the declaration of merit list (first then second then third if applicable) pay the fees along with submission of the documents such as Undertaking regarding admission confirmation, SSC(X marksheet), Leaving Certificate, Adhar card, scanned copy of Cheque book leaflet/bank account details and transfer certificate in case the student is from outside Maharashtra.
- For further details and to know more about the college visit kesshroffcollege.com.
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the three-year degree course leading to the Bachelor of Commerce in Retail Management must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std. XII) examination conducted by the different Divisional Boards of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education. OR Must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std. XII) examination with vocational subjects/minimum competency based vocational course conducted by the different Divisional Boards of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education. OR Must have passed and examination of another University or Body recognized as equivalent to Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std. XII) Examination.
Total no. of Seats: 60
Reservation of Seats: Reservations are as per the Government policy.
Fees: As prescribed by the University of Mumbai. The details have been mentioned on the college Notice board and the College website http://www.kesshroffcollege.com
Duration of Programme: 6 Semesters spread over 3 years. The programme shall consist of 39 Theory papers and Project work
Enforcement of Attendance:
Our college is a pioneer institute in introducing the computerized attendance system. The computerized defaulters’ lists are displayed division wise regularly at the end of every month on the Students Notice Board. The students failing to fulfill the required attendance shall be DETAINED and shall not be permitted to take the Annual / Board examination. Warning letters from the Principal are sent to parents of the defaulting students. The letters are given to the concerned students by the class teachers in the classrooms. The students must hand over these warning letters to the parents. Students should note that fulfilling the attendance requirement alone will not qualify them to appear for the examination. Their academic performance should also be to the satisfaction of the principal.
General Rules & Regulations:
- Every student should obtain an ID card and show at the entry
- Students should not loiter in the corridors when the lectures are engaged
- Giving proxy attendance is a serious act of indiscipline
- Students applying for certificates/testimonials and attestation should first contact the college office
- Ragging is strictly prohibited on the college premises
- The use of mobile phones inside the college is strictly prohibited. If caught using a cell phone it is confiscated for a period of 1 year
- Cancellation of admission
- Refusal to grant admission in future
- Withholding or withdrawing of University exam form
- Expulsion / rustication from college
- Fine not exceeding Rs. 300
- Non-refund of fees and deposits
- Suspension for a specified period