B.Com Investment Management is an undergraduate programme of 3 years (Full time) that prepares students in acquiring skills for a career in financial asset management either working with active portfolio allocation or working for brokerage firms. Students get rigorous training in concepts of finance, accounts, statistics, capital market and in investment planning.
Why this Programme
- B.Com. Investment Management is a degree course designed for individuals who are interested in building a career in the financial sector of India. It covers fundamental and technical concepts and relevant theories of fast-changing capital markets along with a special reference to stock markets. Students can also upgrade their professional skills by getting certifications like US CMA (Certified Management Accountant), US CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst), NSE Academy Certification or courses by Certified Financial Planning (CFP).
PO 1: This program could give a well-trained professional in the field of Banking, Investment, Insurance, Management and Planning, Entrepreneurship and other Industries at National and International Level
PO 2: Students after graduation can pursue MBA, M. Com, ICWA, CS and other Post Graduation Program
PO 3: Students can also opt for other career options by qualifying competitive exams like IBPS (PO & Clerk), Civil Services, other State Govt. Services
After successful completion of the three years of B Com (Investment Management) Programme, the graduate will be able to
PSO 1: demonstrate various skills set pertaining to disciplines of finance, accounting, investment, auditing, economics, communication, law and taxation etc.
PSO 2: apply the knowledge of financial markets, instruments, institutions, services and other relevant set of skills to make rational investment decisions.
PSO 3: understand the benefit of Risk and Portfolio Management through application of different investment theories and models, to evaluate various investment avenues.
PSO 4: make use of practical skills to work as Wealth Advisor, Retirement Planner, Risk manager, Financial Planner, Consultant, Mutual Fund distributor and other finance and investment related jobs.
PSO 5: use mathematical, analytical, statistical and information technology tools pertaining to research and finance.
PSO 6: understand the importance of social, environmental, human rights, professional ethics and other critical issues faced by humanity at the local, national and international level
B.Com. Investment management offers some of the most sought-after job roles in finance both in public and private sectors. It can be demanding, fast-paced and very lucrative depending on the student’s caliber and knowledge. Successful graduates can work in mergers & acquisitions, work in financial strategy, derivatives, currency trading, convertibles and equity derivatives, work as advisors in capital structure, valuation and risk management and liaise at the bank, law firm and for private clients.
Graduates get employment opportunities in:
- Investment Banks
- Regional Investment Banks
- Bond-trading firms
- Small specialist or trading firms
- Capital markets
- Government sector
Some of the top recruiters usually offer entry-level jobs under job positions like Investment Manager, Investment Analysts, Financial Advisor, Investment Advisor, Account Manager and Merger & Acquisition Banker.
- Basic of investment & wealth creation
- Introduction to Accounting-I
- Introduction to Financial System
- Quantitative techniques
- Business Economics-1
- Business Communication-I
- Foundation course-I
- Introduction to Wealth Management
- Introduction to Accounting-II
- Introduction to Financial Markets
- Introduction to Financial Intermediaries
- Investment Banking
- Business Communication-II
- Environmental Studies
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Mutual Fund Management
- Fixed Income Securities
- Direct Taxes and Tax Planning
- An Overview of Investment
- Equity Markets (Choice based)
- Information Technology – I
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Economics
- Business Law
- Marketing of Investment Products
- Setting up of Business Entity
- Foreign Exchange Markets (Choice based)
- Advance Excel for Finance (Computer Skills)
- Investment Adviser– I
- Research Methodology
Elective Courses (Choose any 4 courses)
- Operations in Equity Market
- Corporate Accounting
- Professional Ethics
- Risk Management
- Project Management
- Merchant Banking – I
- Investment Adviser– I
- Project Work
Elective Courses (Choose any 4 courses)
- International Investment Management
- Project Finance
- Alternative Investment Management
- Venture Capital
- Merchant Banking – II
Jahnvi Indravadan BhavsarAlumni
“The First Step Towards Getting Somewhere is to Decide that you are not going to stay where you are” I would Like to express my gratitude towards our Principal Madam, Vice Principal Sir, Co-ordinator, and the entire faculty of KES Shroff College for helping me reach where I am now.nd I feel so proud when I say I was a student of KES Shroff College. Thank you for making me the person I am today. I have learned many things whether it was practical or theoretical knowledge, the College always supported me and other students and gave us the platform to participate in a number of activities and exploring ourselves. Professors of KES Shroff College were so kind and calm and always ready to support their students any time and helped them stand on their own feet . I also got the opportunity to be the Secretary of the Banca Association. I will never ever forget those moments which I have spent in the BANCA Association where we had lots of fun and at the same time organized events. Really missing my college days.
My three years degree course in the Banking and Finance were among the best years of my life. My experience at KES Shroff College not only made me a better person but also prepared me in unpredictable ways for my career. Through workshops with incredibly supportive classmates, and professors who were nothing short of champions, I was challenged to discover a voice I didn’t know I had. That voice has played a central role in my work. Having been shaped in part by the collegial and creative, yet rigorous, environment at KESSC, I found myself able to communicate, innovate, and collaborate in ways that enabled me to build a successful rewarding career. It was a wonderful time in my life, and the best educational experience I’ve had.
Mohini Yashwant PatilAlumni
Being a part of KES Shroff College has been a wonderful experience. Here I learned success is a journey and not a destination. Along with academics, a lot of different activities on campus allowed me to polish my talents and have an overall development. I am grateful to Principal Bhushan Ma'am and all Professors who stood by me and assisted me in making me what I am today personally and where I am today professionally. Proud KESSC student
Viral Pravin KavaAlumni
Being a student of KES Shroff College was itself an immense pleasure and a feeling of pride for all the students. I was so lucky to be around such renowned faculty who showered their love and knowledge on me. It's not the only place to receive academic knowledge but the overall development of a student. I must say today I have transformed into a better person after my graduation, the sense of understanding and maturity has come, where values are taught and you realize you have come an extra mile ahead to face the challenges and rat race of the world.
I've never had so much fun as I did being a student at KES Shroff college. So many extra circular activities happening regularly, I always wanted to participate in everything. Along with the extra circular, the teaching faculty at the college is truly amazing as well. They would make sure that every student present is understanding the topic being taught. Overall, it's not just a college but rather a complete experience. The teachers, consider student's points of view and make sure the students are not being overburdened at any moment.
How to Apply
The admission procedure usually starts in the month of June after the results of class XII are declared.
- Fill the Pre-enrollment form of the University of Mumbai through the University portal (mum.digitaluniversity.ac). Select the autonomous option for B.Com in Investment Management
- Fill online admission form on kesshroffcollege.com
- Upload a copy of the pre-enrollment form, HSC mark sheet/digital result, caste/reservation certificate if applicable, and E-Suvidha ticket.
- On the declaration of merit list (first then second then third if applicable) pay the fees along with submission of the documents such as Undertaking regarding admission confirmation, SSC(X marksheet), Leaving Certificate, Adhar card, scanned copy of Cheque book leaflet/bank account details and transfer certificate in case the student is from outside Maharashtra.
- For further details and to know more about the college visit kesshroffcollege.com.
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Commerce (Investment Managemnet) degree course shall have passed XII std. examination of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent and secured not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of reserved category) at one and the same sitting. Every candidate admitted to the degree course in the constituent/affiliated college/recognized institution, conducting the course, shall have to register himself/herself with the University.
Total no. of Seats: 60
Reservation of Seats: Reservations are as per the Government policy.
Fees: As prescribed by the University of Mumbai. The details have been mentioned on the college Notice board and the College website http://www. kesshroffcollege.com
Duration of Programme: 6 Semesters spread over 3 years. The programme shall consist of 39 Theory papers and Project work.
Enforcement of Attendance:
Our college is a pioneer institute in introducing the computerized attendance system. The computerized defaulters’ lists are displayed division wise regularly at the end of every month on the Students Notice Board. The students failing to fulfill the required attendance shall be DETAINED and shall not be permitted to take the Annual / Board examination. Warning letters from the Principal are sent to parents of the defaulting students. The letters are given to the concerned students by the class teachers in the classrooms. The students must hand over these warning letters to the parents. Students should note that fulfilling the attendance requirement alone will not qualify them to appear for the examination. Their academic performance should also be to the satisfaction of the principal.
General Rules & Regulations:
- Every student should obtain an ID card and show at the entry
- Students should not loiter in the corridors when the lectures are engaged
- Giving proxy attendance is a serious act of indiscipline
- Students applying for certificates/testimonials and attestation should first contact the college office
- Ragging is strictly prohibited on the college premises
- The use of mobile phones inside the college is strictly prohibited. If caught using a cell phone it is confiscated for a period of 1 year
- Cancellation of admission
- Refusal to grant admission in future
- Withholding or withdrawing of University exam form
- Expulsion / rustication from college
- Fine not exceeding Rs. 300
- Non-refund of fees and deposits
- Suspension for a specified period