Derek Colfer from visa quoted that
“The key to success is making a habit of doing things you fear.”
Fintech is a combination of the terms “finance” and “technology” and refers to any business that uses technology to enhance or automate financial services and processes. Weather its payment of fees or removing money from bank account it has been possible with the technology and finance which has ensured a smooth exchange of money from one person to another.
As the new dawn of sun sets in KES’ Shroff College of arts and commerce (autonomous) launched its new course B.Com (Fintech). Financial technology is about the future ‘ABCD’ to be learnt by new age learners and will disrupt the way even teaching & learning is done:
- Artificial intelligence
- Blockchain technology
- Cloud computing
- Data analytics
Why this Programme
The program is made for learners to make their future ready in the fields of banking, financial markets and technology where disruption has started and new age skilled workforce is the need of the hour. Our programme offers understanding and conceptualization of both finance and technology so that students can learn new tools and techniques to overcome the problem faced in financial industry by providing a feasible and reliable solution. The course will augment demand for such learners with such innovative and programs with future needs of the industry.
After successful completion of three year B.Com (FinTech) programme, a Student will:
PO 1: Understand the various key concepts, business models and technologies of the FinTech, which are emerging areas in the Financial Services industry.
PO 2: Acquire the right set of skills and knowledge in FinTech, which is required in the digitalized finance services industry.
PO 3: Explore new opportunities based on cutting-edge FinTech concepts and practices.
After successful completion of three year B.Com (FinTech) programme the graduate will be able to:
PSO 1: demonstrate various skills set pertaining to disciplines of finance, accounting, investment, management, economics, communication, law and taxation etc.
PSO 2: showcase ethical values while performing responsibilities as a professional by using mathematical, analytical, and statistical and information technology tools.
PSO 3: understand the benefit of Risk and Portfolio Management through application of different investment theories and models to evaluate various investment avenues.
PSO 4: utilize the skills of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Block-Chain Technology to build a platform for financial trading.
PSO 5: examine how data-driven decision making is used for better strategies to create maximum impact.
PSO 6: illustrate how FinTech can transform business models, improve customer experience, generate insights and drive product-service innovation.
- Product Manager
- Content Writers
- Data Scientists
- Cloud Management
- Knowledge and Research analysts
- Economic Environment of Business
- Business Statistics
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Investment Foundation
- Business Communicaton-I
- Foundation Course – I
- Introduction to Financial System
- Business Mathematics
- Corporate Finance
- Introduction to Fin Tech
- Setting up of Business Entity
- Foundation Course – II (EVS)
- INNOVATIONS & TRANSFORMATION IN FINANCIAL SERVICES
- SECURITIES LAW
- DERIVATIVES MANAGEMENT
- FUNDAMENTALS OF DATA ANALYTICS
- ROBOTIC PROCESS AUTOMATION FUNDAMENTALS
- FINTECH IN PERSONAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- CYBER LAW
- FINANCIAL RISK MANAGEMENT
- PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
- APPLICATION OF DATA ANALYSIS
- Technical Analysis
- Financial Modelling
- Fundamentals of Algo Trading
- Data Analysis Visualization and Story Telling
- Business Transformation Using AI and Analytics
- Block Chain and Crypto Currency Fundamentals
- Fin Tech: Credit Modeling
- Future of Data Driven Finance
- Fin App in Entrepreneurial Finance
Jahnvi Indravadan BhavsarAlumni
“The First Step Towards Getting Somewhere is to Decide that you are not going to stay where you are” I would Like to express my gratitude towards our Principal Madam, Vice Principal Sir, Co-ordinator, and the entire faculty of KES Shroff College for helping me reach where I am now.nd I feel so proud when I say I was a student of KES Shroff College. Thank you for making me the person I am today. I have learned many things whether it was practical or theoretical knowledge, the College always supported me and other students and gave us the platform to participate in a number of activities and exploring ourselves. Professors of KES Shroff College were so kind and calm and always ready to support their students any time and helped them stand on their own feet . I also got the opportunity to be the Secretary of the Banca Association. I will never ever forget those moments which I have spent in the BANCA Association where we had lots of fun and at the same time organized events. Really missing my college days.
My three years degree course in the Banking and Finance were among the best years of my life. My experience at KES Shroff College not only made me a better person but also prepared me in unpredictable ways for my career. Through workshops with incredibly supportive classmates, and professors who were nothing short of champions, I was challenged to discover a voice I didn’t know I had. That voice has played a central role in my work. Having been shaped in part by the collegial and creative, yet rigorous, environment at KESSC, I found myself able to communicate, innovate, and collaborate in ways that enabled me to build a successful rewarding career. It was a wonderful time in my life, and the best educational experience I’ve had.
Mohini Yashwant PatilAlumni
Being a part of KES Shroff College has been a wonderful experience. Here I learned success is a journey and not a destination. Along with academics, a lot of different activities on campus allowed me to polish my talents and have an overall development. I am grateful to Principal Bhushan Ma'am and all Professors who stood by me and assisted me in making me what I am today personally and where I am today professionally. Proud KESSC student
Viral Pravin KavaAlumni
Being a student of KES Shroff College was itself an immense pleasure and a feeling of pride for all the students. I was so lucky to be around such renowned faculty who showered their love and knowledge on me. It's not the only place to receive academic knowledge but the overall development of a student. I must say today I have transformed into a better person after my graduation, the sense of understanding and maturity has come, where values are taught and you realize you have come an extra mile ahead to face the challenges and rat race of the world.
I've never had so much fun as I did being a student at KES Shroff college. So many extra circular activities happening regularly, I always wanted to participate in everything. Along with the extra circular, the teaching faculty at the college is truly amazing as well. They would make sure that every student present is understanding the topic being taught. Overall, it's not just a college but rather a complete experience. The teachers, consider student's points of view and make sure the students are not being overburdened at any moment.
How to Apply
The admission procedure usually starts in the month of June after the results of class XII are declared.
- Fill the Pre-enrollment form of the University of Mumbai through the University portal (mum.digitaluniversity.ac). Select the autonomous option for B.Com in Financial Technology
- Fill online admission form on kesshroffcollege.com
- Upload a copy of the pre-enrollment form, HSC mark sheet/digital result, caste/reservation certificate if applicable, and E-Suvidha ticket.
- On the declaration of merit list (first then second then third if applicable) pay the fees along with submission of the documents such as Undertaking regarding admission confirmation, SSC(X marksheet), Leaving Certificate, Adhar card, scanned copy of Cheque book leaflet/bank account details and transfer certificate in case the student is from outside Maharashtra.
- For further details and to know more about the college visit kesshroffcollege.com.
The minimum qualification required to pursue a B.Com (FinTech) is the completion of 12th Standard/HSC/10+2 (or equivalent Level of Examination) with a minimum of 45 % marks in any stream (Science, Commerce and Arts) from any recognized Board.
The student must have also studied English and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in 12th Standard/HSC/10+2 (or equivalent Level of Examination). Student must score more than the minimum cut-off percentage of the college he/she is applying in.
Total no. of Seats: 60
Reservation of Seats: Reservations are as per the Government policy.
Fees: As prescribed by the University of Mumbai. The details have been mentioned on the college Notice board and the College website http://www. kesshroffcollege.com
Duration of Programme: 6 Semesters spread over 3 years. The programme shall consist of 39 Theory papers and Project work.
Enforcement of Attendance:
Our college is a pioneer institute in introducing the computerized attendance system. The computerized defaulters’ lists are displayed division wise regularly at the end of every month on the Students Notice Board. The students failing to fulfill the required attendance shall be DETAINED and shall not be permitted to take the Annual / Board examination. Warning letters from the Principal are sent to parents of the defaulting students. The letters are given to the concerned students by the class teachers in the classrooms. The students must hand over these warning letters to the parents. Students should note that fulfilling the attendance requirement alone will not qualify them to appear for the examination. Their academic performance should also be to the satisfaction of the principal.
General Rules & Regulations:
- Every student should obtain an ID card and show at the entry
- Students should not loiter in the corridors when the lectures are engaged
- Giving proxy attendance is a serious act of indiscipline
- Students applying for certificates/testimonials and attestation should first contact the college office
- Ragging is strictly prohibited on the college premises
- The use of mobile phones inside the college is strictly prohibited. If caught using a cell phone it is confiscated for a period of 1 year
- Cancellation of admission
- Refusal to grant admission in future
- Withholding or withdrawing of University exam form
- Expulsion / rustication from college
- Fine not exceeding Rs. 300
- Non-refund of fees and deposits
- Suspension for a specified period