Bachelor of Commerce in Banking & Insurance is a specialized programme of BCom that promises to open the horizons for the students looking out for a career in the field of Banking, Ind=surance and Financial Services sector. The programme covers the study of the principles and practices of Banking and Insurance, Accounting, Banking Regulations, Technology in Banking, Central Banking, Financial Services, Insurance Regulations, Risk Management, Portfolio Management, Mutual Fund Management etc.
Why this Programme
B.Com. (Banking & Insurance) is a degree program in which, apart from a general course study in Commerce, the primary focus is on the systematic study of the concepts in the specialized subjects and topics related to BFSI(Banking, Financial Services and Insurance) sectors. After passing the degree, students also have option of further study and job opportunities in various fields.
PO1: The students will be ready for employment in functional areas likes Accounting, Taxation, Banking, Insurance, Business, Economics and Corporate Law
PO2: The curriculum will offer number of specialization and practical exposure which will equip the students to face the modern-day challenges in Commerce
PO3: The curriculum will enable the understanding of working of various economies, markets & apply principles of Economics to real life situation
PO4: The curriculum will lay a strong foundation helping the learners to have better comprehension of economic, demographic and business dynamics
PSO1: The graduate will have an ability to showcase right attitude and ethical values while performing responsibilities as a professional in the field of banking, insurance and other financial services
PSO2: The graduate will have an ability to demonstrate adequate understanding about the regulatory aspects of banking, insurance and other financial services
PSO3: The graduate will have the ability to understand and apply basic concepts related to the field of banking, insurance and other financial services in any business organization
After completion of BCom in Banking and Insurance, the learner has a plethora of options open to them, be it for further studies or to apply for jobs. Some of the most popular areas for further study are:
Masters in Business Administration (MBA), Masters in Commerce (MCom) in Management/Banking and Finance/Financial Management/Accountancy, Actuarial Science, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Chartered Accountant (CA) Chartered Management Accountant (CMA), Bachelor of Education (BEd)
List of Job Options after BCom in Banking and Insurance
Government Jobs after clearing Exams such as IBPS, UPSC, IRDA, NABARD, etc, Financial Risk Manager, Business Analyst, Private Sector Banks, and Financial Institutions
- Principles and Practices of Banking and Insurance
- Quantitative Methods-I
- Financial Accounting-I
- Business Economics-I
- Information Technology in Banking and Insurance-I
- Business Communication-I
- Foundation Course-I
- Basics of Indian Financial System
- Quantitative Methods-II
- Financial Accounting-II
- Business Law-I
- Information Technology in Banking and Insurance-II
- Business Communication-II
- Foundation Course-II
- Risk Management
- Direct Taxation
- Overview of Banking and Insurance
- Financial Management
- Cost Accounting
- Organizational Behavior
- Mutual Fund Management (Choice based)
- Business Economics-II
- Laws related to Banking and Insurance
- Indirect Tax
- Principles of Management and Marketing
- Advanced Financial Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Wealth Management (Choice based)
- Global Business, Banking and Finance
- Research Methodology
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Basics of Auditing
- Treasury Management
- Actuarial Analysis
- Central Banking
- Project Work
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Advanced Auditing
- Human Resource Management in Banking and Insurance
- Procedures and Documentation in Banking and Insurance
Jahnvi Indravadan BhavsarAlumni
“The First Step Towards Getting Somewhere is to Decide that you are not going to stay where you are” I would Like to express my gratitude towards our Principal Madam, Vice Principal Sir, Co-ordinator, and the entire faculty of KES Shroff College for helping me reach where I am now.nd I feel so proud when I say I was a student of KES Shroff College. Thank you for making me the person I am today. I have learned many things whether it was practical or theoretical knowledge, the College always supported me and other students and gave us the platform to participate in a number of activities and exploring ourselves. Professors of KES Shroff College were so kind and calm and always ready to support their students any time and helped them stand on their own feet . I also got the opportunity to be the Secretary of the Banca Association. I will never ever forget those moments which I have spent in the BANCA Association where we had lots of fun and at the same time organized events. Really missing my college days.
My three years degree course in the Banking and Finance were among the best years of my life. My experience at KES Shroff College not only made me a better person but also prepared me in unpredictable ways for my career. Through workshops with incredibly supportive classmates, and professors who were nothing short of champions, I was challenged to discover a voice I didn’t know I had. That voice has played a central role in my work. Having been shaped in part by the collegial and creative, yet rigorous, environment at KESSC, I found myself able to communicate, innovate, and collaborate in ways that enabled me to build a successful rewarding career. It was a wonderful time in my life, and the best educational experience I’ve had.
Mohini Yashwant PatilAlumni
Being a part of KES Shroff College has been a wonderful experience. Here I learned success is a journey and not a destination. Along with academics, a lot of different activities on campus allowed me to polish my talents and have an overall development. I am grateful to Principal Bhushan Ma'am and all Professors who stood by me and assisted me in making me what I am today personally and where I am today professionally. Proud KESSC student
Viral Pravin KavaAlumni
Being a student of KES Shroff College was itself an immense pleasure and a feeling of pride for all the students. I was so lucky to be around such renowned faculty who showered their love and knowledge on me. It's not the only place to receive academic knowledge but the overall development of a student. I must say today I have transformed into a better person after my graduation, the sense of understanding and maturity has come, where values are taught and you realize you have come an extra mile ahead to face the challenges and rat race of the world.
I've never had so much fun as I did being a student at KES Shroff college. So many extra circular activities happening regularly, I always wanted to participate in everything. Along with the extra circular, the teaching faculty at the college is truly amazing as well. They would make sure that every student present is understanding the topic being taught. Overall, it's not just a college but rather a complete experience. The teachers, consider student's points of view and make sure the students are not being overburdened at any moment.
How to Apply
The admission procedure usually starts in the month of June after the results of class XII are declared.
- Fill the Pre-enrollment form of the University of Mumbai through the University portal (mum.digitaluniversity.ac). Select the autonomous option for BCom (Banking and Insurance).
- Fill online admission form on kesshroffcollege.com
- Upload a copy of the pre-enrollment form, HSC mark sheet/digital result, caste/reservation certificate if applicable, and E-Suvidha ticket.
- On the declaration of merit list (first then second then third if applicable) pay the fees along with submission of the documents such as Undertaking regarding admission confirmation, SSC(X marksheet), Leaving Certificate, Adhar card, scanned copy of Cheque book leaflet/bank account details and transfer certificate in case the student is from outside Maharashtra.
- For further details and to know more about the college visit kesshroffcollege.com.
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Commerce (Banking and Insurance) degree course should have passed XII std. Examination of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Pune, or its equivalent and secured not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% in the case of reserved category candidates) at one and the same sitting. Every candidate admitted to the degree course in the affiliated colleges conducting the course shall have to register enroll himself/herself with the University.
Total no. of Seats: 120
Reservation of Seats: Reservations are as per the Government policy.
Fees: As prescribed by the University of Mumbai. The details have been mentioned on the college Notice board and the College website http://www. kesshroffcollege.com
Duration of Programme: 6 Semesters spread over 3 years. The programme shall consist of 39 Theory papers and Project work.
Enforcement of Attendance:
Our college is a pioneer institute in introducing the computerized attendance system. The computerized defaulters’ lists are displayed division wise regularly at the end of every month on the Students Notice Board. The students failing to fulfill the required attendance shall be DETAINED and shall not be permitted to take the Annual / Board examination. Warning letters from the Principal are sent to parents of the defaulting students. The letters are given to the concerned students by the class teachers in the classrooms. The students must hand over these warning letters to the parents. Students should note that fulfilling the attendance requirement alone will not qualify them to appear for the examination. Their academic performance should also be to the satisfaction of the principal.
General Rules & Regulations:
- Every student should obtain an ID card and show at the entry
- Students should not loiter in the corridors when the lectures are engaged
- Giving proxy attendance is a serious act of indiscipline
- Students applying for certificates/testimonials and attestation should first contact the college office
- Ragging is strictly prohibited on the college premises
- The use of mobile phones inside the college is strictly prohibited. If caught using a cell phone it is confiscated for a period of 1 year
- Cancellation of admission
- Refusal to grant admission in future
- Withholding or withdrawing of University exam form
- Expulsion / rustication from college
- Fine not exceeding Rs. 300
- Non-refund of fees and deposits
- Suspension for a specified period