B.Com Accounting and Finance is an undergraduate course of 3 years (Full time). It is the course that teaches the fundamentals of accounting and finance practices. Through this course, an individual can learn the technical skills associated with many procedures of financial analysis and accounting standards.
This course includes subjects like Income tax, Business economics, Commercial law, Financial Accounting, Management of Finance, Cost Accounting etc.
Why this Programme
Studying accounting and finance could be ideal if you enjoy math’s and want to apply it to business, whether that’s management, business law or economics.
- The scope of work in any industry business in every sector needs someone to crunch their numbers.
- Abroad opportunities, academic exchanges help in giving you a deep understanding of the global economy as well as learning about a new place while developing language skills.
- Accounting and finance play a significant role at the core of every organization. Public and private sectors like non-profit organizations, it is impossible to operate without operational finances.
- Nowadays, companies of all shapes and sizes are scrutinized with regard to their financial activities. It is for this reason that qualified and capable accountancy professionals are in high demand across every sector.
PO 1: After completing three years for Bachelors in Commerce (A & F) program, students would gain a thorough grounding in the fundamentals of Accounting and Finance.
PO 2: The programme aims to provide students with a specialist education in accounting and finance. It will give an Indian as well as a global perspective on accounting and financial concepts, investment markets and asset classes, provide practical as well as theoretical knowledge on the processes and mechanics underlying investment, and build on students’ existing numerical skills so that they are able to understand and practice the accounting and investment-related mathematics.
PO 3: The all-inclusive outlook of the course offer a number of value based and job oriented courses ensures that students are trained into up-to-date.
After successful completion of the three years of B.Com. (A & F) programme the graduate will be able to
PSO 1: demonstrate various skills set with respect to disciplines of Commerce, Business, Accounting, Economics, Finance, Law, IT, Auditing and Taxation.
PSO 2: exhibit skills of research, effective communication, financial and managerial decision making in day-to-day corporate affairs.
PSO 3: use mathematical, analytical and statistical tools of financial and accounting analysis.
PSO 4: utilize information technology tools pertaining to accountancy.
PSO 5: make use of practical skills to work as a tax consultant, audit assistant and financial advisor.
PSO 6: understand the importance of social, environmental, human rights and other critical issues faced by humanity at the local, national and international level.
Popular job positions like personal finance consultant, Financial Analyst, Account assistant, Money manager, senior accountant are offered to successful graduates of the discipline B. Com (Accounting and Finance)
- Financial Accounting – I
- Cost Accounting – I
- Financial Management –I
- Commerce (Business Environment-I)
- Business Economics-I
- Business Communication – I
- Foundation Course – I
- Financial Accounting – II
- Auditing – I
- Financial Management – II
- Business Law -I
- Business Mathematics
- Business Communication – II
- Environmental Studies
- Mercantile Law
- Business Economics II
- Financial Accounting III
- Cost Accounting
- Direct Tax I
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Financial Market Operations (Choice based)
- Companies Law
- Research Methodology
- Financial Accounting IV
- Management Accounting
- Direct Tax II
- Information Technology in Accounting and Finance
- Introduction to Foreign Exchange Markets (Choice based)
- Financial Accounting V
- Financial Accounting VI
Elective Courses (Choose any 4 courses)
- Cost Accounting III
- Financial Management III
- Indirect tax – I
- Business Valuation
- Marketing of Financial services
- Management Application
- Financial Accounting VII
- Project Work
Elective Courses (Choose any 4 courses)
- Cost Accounting IV
- Financial Management IV
- Indirect tax – II
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Management Control System
Jahnvi Indravadan BhavsarAlumni
“The First Step Towards Getting Somewhere is to Decide that you are not going to stay where you are” I would Like to express my gratitude towards our Principal Madam, Vice Principal Sir, Co-ordinator, and the entire faculty of KES Shroff College for helping me reach where I am now.nd I feel so proud when I say I was a student of KES Shroff College. Thank you for making me the person I am today. I have learned many things whether it was practical or theoretical knowledge, the College always supported me and other students and gave us the platform to participate in a number of activities and exploring ourselves. Professors of KES Shroff College were so kind and calm and always ready to support their students any time and helped them stand on their own feet . I also got the opportunity to be the Secretary of the Banca Association. I will never ever forget those moments which I have spent in the BANCA Association where we had lots of fun and at the same time organized events. Really missing my college days.
My three years degree course in the Banking and Finance were among the best years of my life. My experience at KES Shroff College not only made me a better person but also prepared me in unpredictable ways for my career. Through workshops with incredibly supportive classmates, and professors who were nothing short of champions, I was challenged to discover a voice I didn’t know I had. That voice has played a central role in my work. Having been shaped in part by the collegial and creative, yet rigorous, environment at KESSC, I found myself able to communicate, innovate, and collaborate in ways that enabled me to build a successful rewarding career. It was a wonderful time in my life, and the best educational experience I’ve had.
Mohini Yashwant PatilAlumni
Being a part of KES Shroff College has been a wonderful experience. Here I learned success is a journey and not a destination. Along with academics, a lot of different activities on campus allowed me to polish my talents and have an overall development. I am grateful to Principal Bhushan Ma'am and all Professors who stood by me and assisted me in making me what I am today personally and where I am today professionally. Proud KESSC student
Viral Pravin KavaAlumni
Being a student of KES Shroff College was itself an immense pleasure and a feeling of pride for all the students. I was so lucky to be around such renowned faculty who showered their love and knowledge on me. It's not the only place to receive academic knowledge but the overall development of a student. I must say today I have transformed into a better person after my graduation, the sense of understanding and maturity has come, where values are taught and you realize you have come an extra mile ahead to face the challenges and rat race of the world.
I've never had so much fun as I did being a student at KES Shroff college. So many extra circular activities happening regularly, I always wanted to participate in everything. Along with the extra circular, the teaching faculty at the college is truly amazing as well. They would make sure that every student present is understanding the topic being taught. Overall, it's not just a college but rather a complete experience. The teachers, consider student's points of view and make sure the students are not being overburdened at any moment.
How to Apply
The admission procedure usually starts in the month of June after the results of class XII are declared.
- Fill the Pre-enrollment form of the University of Mumbai through the University portal (mum.digitaluniversity.ac). Select the autonomous option for B.Com in Acounting & Finance
- Fill online admission form on kesshroffcollege.com
- Upload a copy of the pre-enrollment form, HSC mark sheet/digital result, caste/reservation certificate if applicable, and E-Suvidha ticket.
- On the declaration of merit list (first then second then third if applicable) pay the fees along with submission of the documents such as Undertaking regarding admission confirmation, SSC(X marksheet), Leaving Certificate, Adhar card, scanned copy of Cheque book leaflet/bank account details and transfer certificate in case the student is from outside Maharashtra.
- For further details and to know more about the college visit kesshroffcollege.com.
(a) A candidate for being eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance) degree course shall have passed XII std. Examination of the Maharashtra Board of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent and secured not less than 45% marks in aggregate at first attempt (40% in case of reserved category).
(b) Every candidate admitted to the degree course in the constituent/affiliated college/recognized institution, conducting the course, shall have to register himself/herself with the University.
Total no. of Seats: 300
Reservation of Seats: Reservations are as per the Government policy.
Fees: As prescribed by the University of Mumbai. The details have been mentioned on the college Notice board and the College website http://www. kesshroffcollege.com
Duration of Programme: 6 Semesters spread over 3 years. The programme shall consist of 39 Theory papers and Project work.
Enforcement of Attendance:
Our college is a pioneer institute in introducing the computerized attendance system. The computerized defaulters’ lists are displayed division wise regularly at the end of every month on the Students Notice Board. The students failing to fulfill the required attendance shall be DETAINED and shall not be permitted to take the Annual / Board examination. Warning letters from the Principal are sent to parents of the defaulting students. The letters are given to the concerned students by the class teachers in the classrooms. The students must hand over these warning letters to the parents. Students should note that fulfilling the attendance requirement alone will not qualify them to appear for the examination. Their academic performance should also be to the satisfaction of the principal.
General Rules & Regulations:
- Every student should obtain an ID card and show at the entry
- Students should not loiter in the corridors when the lectures are engaged
- Giving proxy attendance is a serious act of indiscipline
- Students applying for certificates/testimonials and attestation should first contact the college office
- Ragging is strictly prohibited on the college premises
- The use of mobile phones inside the college is strictly prohibited. If caught using a cell phone it is confiscated for a period of 1 year
- Cancellation of admission
- Refusal to grant admission in future
- Withholding or withdrawing of University exam form
- Expulsion / rustication from college
- Fine not exceeding Rs. 300
- Non-refund of fees and deposits
- Suspension for a specified period