B.Com/BMS in Environmental Management & Economics (BEM) is introduced in the year 2014-2015. It is an undergraduate programme of 3 years (full time). The BEM Programme imparts knowledge to aspirants about coordinating environmental efforts like investigating problems, finding solutions for it and working on it, in order to address the environmental crisis that is harming the world. The study in Environmental Management includes wide areas from deforestation, soil erosion to global warming and landfills. Moreover, the Environmental Management course enables candidates to know the impact and interaction of activities done by humans on nature. In today’s time, the Environmental Management course is opted by ample number of students as the upcoming generation understands the importance of nature and need to preserve it for future.
Why this Programme
Since the whole world is aiming to conserve the environment, BEM stands as a visionary programme that will help in creating environmental managers who will be able to manage environment related issues across any sector. BEM also provides practical knowledge and skills to the students for handling environmental issues. This Programme offers the best platform for holistic development of the students.
The Objectives of the programme are as under:
PEO 1: To provide students with the knowledge and skills in the key areas of environmental management
PEO 2: To provide students an understanding of ecological system and the consequences of human environment interaction
PEO 3: To educate and train students to solve diverse environmental issues so that quality of life can be improved
PEO 4: To make students aware about the importance of environmental sustainability
Students will be able to:
PSO 1: To study the important concepts like Ecology, Biodiversity Natural resources, Environmental monitoring, Environmental pollution, Solid waste and Disaster management
PSO 2: To analyse ethical approaches and legal remedies for tackling environmental issues
PSO 3: To understand, analyse and apply management concepts in the areas of Business Research, Finance, Marketing, and Human Resource
PSO 4: To demonstrate critical thinking skills in solving managerial issues and problems related to global economy
The list of possible career opportunities for graduates with a degree in Environment Management is very wide in the market such as:-
- Environmental Consultant
- Environmental Manager
- Environmental Analyst
- Environmental Policy Managers
- Conservation Manager
- Sustainability Specialists
- Sustainable Architecture Specialist
- Ecosystem Restoration Adviser
- Environmental Management Coordinator
- Introduction to Financial Accounts
- Principles of Management
- Managerial Economics
- Organizational Behavior
- Introduction to Environment Management
- Business Communication-I
- Human Resource Management
- Introduction to Cost Accounting
- Economic Environment of Business
- Ecology and Environment
- Business Statistics
- Business Communication-II
- Environmental Economics-I
- Principles of Marketing
- Customer Relationship Management
- Financial Management
- Global Warming & Climate Change
- Natural Resources & Management
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Management Information Systems
- Environmental Economics-II
- Business Research methods
- Project Submission-I
- Environmental Safety, Health & Management
- Environmental Pollution & Management
- Strategic Management
- Project Management
- Entrepreneurship Management
- Business Ethics
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Environmental Legislation
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Corporate Governance
- Disaster management
- Project Submission-II
- Environmental Problems, Hazards & Mitigation
- Environment & Eco-Tourism
- Solid & Hazardous Waste Management
Jahnvi Indravadan BhavsarAlumni
“The First Step Towards Getting Somewhere is to Decide that you are not going to stay where you are” I would Like to express my gratitude towards our Principal Madam, Vice Principal Sir, Co-ordinator, and the entire faculty of KES Shroff College for helping me reach where I am now.nd I feel so proud when I say I was a student of KES Shroff College. Thank you for making me the person I am today. I have learned many things whether it was practical or theoretical knowledge, the College always supported me and other students and gave us the platform to participate in a number of activities and exploring ourselves. Professors of KES Shroff College were so kind and calm and always ready to support their students any time and helped them stand on their own feet . I also got the opportunity to be the Secretary of the Banca Association. I will never ever forget those moments which I have spent in the BANCA Association where we had lots of fun and at the same time organized events. Really missing my college days.
My three years degree course in the Banking and Finance were among the best years of my life. My experience at KES Shroff College not only made me a better person but also prepared me in unpredictable ways for my career. Through workshops with incredibly supportive classmates, and professors who were nothing short of champions, I was challenged to discover a voice I didn’t know I had. That voice has played a central role in my work. Having been shaped in part by the collegial and creative, yet rigorous, environment at KESSC, I found myself able to communicate, innovate, and collaborate in ways that enabled me to build a successful rewarding career. It was a wonderful time in my life, and the best educational experience I’ve had.
Mohini Yashwant PatilAlumni
Being a part of KES Shroff College has been a wonderful experience. Here I learned success is a journey and not a destination. Along with academics, a lot of different activities on campus allowed me to polish my talents and have an overall development. I am grateful to Principal Bhushan Ma'am and all Professors who stood by me and assisted me in making me what I am today personally and where I am today professionally. Proud KESSC student
Viral Pravin KavaAlumni
Being a student of KES Shroff College was itself an immense pleasure and a feeling of pride for all the students. I was so lucky to be around such renowned faculty who showered their love and knowledge on me. It's not the only place to receive academic knowledge but the overall development of a student. I must say today I have transformed into a better person after my graduation, the sense of understanding and maturity has come, where values are taught and you realize you have come an extra mile ahead to face the challenges and rat race of the world.
I've never had so much fun as I did being a student at KES Shroff college. So many extra circular activities happening regularly, I always wanted to participate in everything. Along with the extra circular, the teaching faculty at the college is truly amazing as well. They would make sure that every student present is understanding the topic being taught. Overall, it's not just a college but rather a complete experience. The teachers, consider student's points of view and make sure the students are not being overburdened at any moment.
How to Apply
The admission procedure usually starts in the month of June after the results of class 12th are declared.
- Fill the Pre-enrollment form of the University of Mumbai through the University portal (mum.digitaluniversity.ac). Select the autonomous option for BEM (B.Com/BMS in Environmental Management & Economics ).
- Fill online admission form on kesshroffcollege.com
- Upload a copy of the pre-enrollment form, digital result, HSC mark sheet/digital result, caste/reservation certificate if applicable, and E-Suvidha ticket.
- On the declaration of merit list (first then second then third if applicable) pay the fees along with submission of the documents such as Undertaking regarding admission confirmation, SSC(X marksheet), Leaving Certificate, Adhar card, scanned copy of Cheque book leaflet/bank account details and transfer certificate in case the student is from outside Maharashtra.
- For further details and to know more about the college visit kesshroffcollege.com.
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Commerce (Environment Management and Economics) degree course shall have passed XII std. examination of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent and secured not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of reserved category) at one and the same sitting. Every candidate admitted to the degree course in the constituent/affiliated college/recognized institution, conducting the course, shall have to register himself/herself with the University.
Total no. of Seats: 60
Reservation of Seats: Reservations are as per the Government policy.
Fees: As prescribed by the University of Mumbai. The details have been mentioned on the college Notice board and the College website http://www.kesshroffcollege.com
Duration of Programme: 6 Semesters spread over 3 years. The programme shall consist of 39 Theory papers and Project work
Enforcement of Attendance:
Our college is a pioneer institute in introducing the computerized attendance system. The computerized defaulters’ lists are displayed division wise regularly at the end of every month on the Students Notice Board. The students failing to fulfill the required attendance shall be DETAINED and shall not be permitted to take the Annual / Board examination. Warning letters from the Principal are sent to parents of the defaulting students. The letters are given to the concerned students by the class teachers in the classrooms. The students must hand over these warning letters to the parents. Students should note that fulfilling the attendance requirement alone will not qualify them to appear for the examination. Their academic performance should also be to the satisfaction of the principal.
General Rules & Regulations:
- Every student should obtain an ID card and show at the entry
- Students should not loiter in the corridors when the lectures are engaged
- Giving proxy attendance is a serious act of indiscipline
- Students applying for certificates/testimonials and attestation should first contact the college office
- Ragging is strictly prohibited on the college premises
- The use of mobile phones inside the college is strictly prohibited. If caught using a cell phone it is confiscated for a period of 1 year
- Cancellation of admission
- Refusal to grant admission in future
- Withholding or withdrawing of University exam form
- Expulsion / rustication from college
- Fine not exceeding Rs. 300
- Non-refund of fees and deposits
- Suspension for a specified period