Bachelor of Arts in Film, Television, and New Media Production or Bachelor of Arts in Film, Television and New Media Production is an undergraduate course. Students study within a framework which combines a broad liberal arts background with specialization in a profession. The course helps to develop the student’s ability to express original ideas on film or video and to instil a thorough understanding of the technical and aesthetic aspects of motion pictures and television. This is a practical and creative production-based course, allowing focus on developing the skills demanded of planning, managing, shooting and editing films of various genres, for different audiences. After passing the course, students have many job options film industry and its related areas.
Why this Programme
The program offers challenging and exciting opportunities for anyone wishing to broaden their knowledge of Cinema and Television culture and production
The students are prepared, skilled and thoughtful practitioners with the expertise to fulfil a range of industry-related jobs
PO1: Graduates will demonstrate conversance with the several psychological, social, economic and environmental issues.
PO2: Graduates will show increased preparedness to meet the requirements of the industry.
PO3: Graduates will demonstrate skill sets to be active and innovative problem solvers.
PO4: Graduates will exhibit enhanced ability to appreciate the vital link between human values and human existence.
PO5: Graduates will demonstrate increased competence to apply learning from the theoretical foundations acquired to real life problems.
After successful completion of the three years of B.A. (FTNMP) programme, the graduate will be able to
PSO1: Demonstrate various skills set with respect to disciplines of Arts, Media, OTT, TV and Films Production.
PSO2: Exhibit skills of effective communication and research aptitude in TV, OTT, Cinema and Films Production.
PSO3: Use analytical and research tools of management and marketing tools related to TV and Films.
PSO4: Utilize information technology tools pertaining to media, TV and Film (Documentary & Feature) production.
PSO5: Make use of practical skills in the field of TV Formats, documentary, feature films andOTT platform content.
PSO6:Understand the importance of ethical values, social, environmental, human rights andother critical issues faced by humanity at the local, national and international level and relate it with Cinema and TV production.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AFTER BAFTNMP
- Associate & Executive Producer
- Producer, Co‐Producer, Line Producer
- Production Controller
- Production Executive or Manager
- Creative Director
- Associate & Assistant Director
- Production Runner
- Casting Director
- Camera Man
- Director of Photography(DOP) / Asst. DOP
- Production Designer; Purchase Manager
- Initiation to Literature & Creative Writing
- Basics of Photography
- Film Communication
- Effective Communication Skills – 1
- Foundation Course
- Computer Application and Graphic Designing
- Basics of Sound and SFX
- Writing for Visual Media
- Basics of Cinematography – 1
- Effective Communication Skills – 2
- Basics of Post Production
- Environmental Studies
- Introduction to Direction for Television: Fiction & Reality
- TV Formats and Documentary
- Post Production in Advanced Editing
- Screenplay Writing and Marketing
- Practical TV Production
- Theater & Acting I (Choice based)
- Introduction to Direction for Films
- Post Production in Video Graphics
- Advanced Cinematography
- Sound Design
- Intermediate Practical Film Making (Ad and Short Fiction Film)
- Theatre & Acting – II (Choice based)
- Laws related to Films, TV and Internet
- New Media Theory and Practice
- Overview of Production Management
- Basics of Marketing & Publicity Design for Films & TV
- Advanced Practical Filmmaking
- Film Studies and Contemporary Hindi Cinema
- Media Research
- Final Project (Portfolio & Thesis)
Jahnvi Indravadan BhavsarAlumni
“The First Step Towards Getting Somewhere is to Decide that you are not going to stay where you are” I would Like to express my gratitude towards our Principal Madam, Vice Principal Sir, Co-ordinator, and the entire faculty of KES Shroff College for helping me reach where I am now.nd I feel so proud when I say I was a student of KES Shroff College. Thank you for making me the person I am today. I have learned many things whether it was practical or theoretical knowledge, the College always supported me and other students and gave us the platform to participate in a number of activities and exploring ourselves. Professors of KES Shroff College were so kind and calm and always ready to support their students any time and helped them stand on their own feet . I also got the opportunity to be the Secretary of the Banca Association. I will never ever forget those moments which I have spent in the BANCA Association where we had lots of fun and at the same time organized events. Really missing my college days.
My three years degree course in the Banking and Finance were among the best years of my life. My experience at KES Shroff College not only made me a better person but also prepared me in unpredictable ways for my career. Through workshops with incredibly supportive classmates, and professors who were nothing short of champions, I was challenged to discover a voice I didn’t know I had. That voice has played a central role in my work. Having been shaped in part by the collegial and creative, yet rigorous, environment at KESSC, I found myself able to communicate, innovate, and collaborate in ways that enabled me to build a successful rewarding career. It was a wonderful time in my life, and the best educational experience I’ve had.
Mohini Yashwant PatilAlumni
Being a part of KES Shroff College has been a wonderful experience. Here I learned success is a journey and not a destination. Along with academics, a lot of different activities on campus allowed me to polish my talents and have an overall development. I am grateful to Principal Bhushan Ma'am and all Professors who stood by me and assisted me in making me what I am today personally and where I am today professionally. Proud KESSC student
Viral Pravin KavaAlumni
Being a student of KES Shroff College was itself an immense pleasure and a feeling of pride for all the students. I was so lucky to be around such renowned faculty who showered their love and knowledge on me. It's not the only place to receive academic knowledge but the overall development of a student. I must say today I have transformed into a better person after my graduation, the sense of understanding and maturity has come, where values are taught and you realize you have come an extra mile ahead to face the challenges and rat race of the world.
I've never had so much fun as I did being a student at KES Shroff college. So many extra circular activities happening regularly, I always wanted to participate in everything. Along with the extra circular, the teaching faculty at the college is truly amazing as well. They would make sure that every student present is understanding the topic being taught. Overall, it's not just a college but rather a complete experience. The teachers, consider student's points of view and make sure the students are not being overburdened at any moment.
How to Apply
Admission procedure usually starts in the month of June after results of class XII are declared.
- Fill the Pre enrollment form of the University of Mumbai through the University portal (mum.digitaluniversity.ac). Select autonomous option for BA (Film, Television and New Media Production).
- Fill online admission form on kesshroffcollege.com
- Upload copy of pre enrollment form, HSC marksheet/digital result, caste/reservation certificate if applicable and E-Suvidha ticket.
- On the declaration of merit list (first then second then third if applicable) pay the fees along with submission of the documents such as Undertaking regarding admission confirmation, SSC(X marksheet), Leaving Certificate, Adhar card, scanned copy of Cheque book leaflet/bank account details and transfer certificate in case the student is from outside Maharashtra.
- For further details and to know more about the college visit kesshroffcollege.com.
1. Candidates for being eligible for admission to the three-year integrated course leading to the Degree of BA (Film, Television & New Media Production), shall be required to have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (Academic or Vocational Stream) conducted by different Divisional Boards of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or an Examinations of any another University or Body recognized as equivalent thereof by the Senate of the University of Mumbai.
2. Eligibility for the award of the degree: A candidate shall be eligible for the award of the Degree only if he /she has undergone the prescribed course of study in a College affiliated to the University for a period of not less than three academic years, passed the examinations of all the Six Semesters earning 120 credits, letter grade of at least E or above. (i.e. O/A/B/C/D/E) in core and specialized papers and fulfilled such conditions as have been prescribed there for.
Total no. of Seats: 60
Reservation of Seats: Reservations are as per the Government policy.
Fees: As prescribed by the University of Mumbai. The details have been mentioned on the college Notice board and the College website http://www. kesshroffcollege.com
Duration of Programme: 6 Semesters spread over 3 years. The programme shall consist of 39 Theory papers and Project work
Enforcement of Attendance:
Our college is a pioneer institute in introducing the computerized attendance system. The computerized defaulters’ lists are displayed division wise regularly at the end of every month on the Students Notice Board. The students failing to fulfill the required attendance shall be DETAINED and shall not be permitted to take the Annual / Board examination. Warning letters from the Principal are sent to parents of the defaulting students. The letters are given to the concerned students by the class teachers in the classrooms. The students must hand over these warning letters to the parents. Students should note that fulfilling the attendance requirement alone will not qualify them to appear for the examination. Their academic performance should also be to the satisfaction of the principal.
General Rules & Regulations:
- Every student should obtain an ID card and show at the entry
- Students should not loiter in the corridors when the lectures are engaged
- Giving proxy attendance is a serious act of indiscipline
- Students applying for certificates/testimonials and attestation should first contact the college office
- Ragging is strictly prohibited on the college premises
- The use of mobile phones inside the college is strictly prohibited. If caught using a cell phone it is confiscated for a period of 1 year
- Cancellation of admission
- Refusal to grant admission in future
- Withholding or withdrawing of University exam form
- Expulsion / rustication from college
- Fine not exceeding Rs. 300
- Non-refund of fees and deposits
- Suspension for a specified period