Jewellery design is the art or profession of designing and creating jewellery. This is one of civilization’s earliest forms of decoration, dating back at least 7,000 years to the oldest known human societies in Mesopotamia and Egypt. The art has taken many forms throughout the centuries, from the simple beadwork of ancient times to the sophisticated metalworking and gem cutting are known in the modern-day.
Why this Course
Jewelry Design course teaches you how to take your great ideas and illustrate them just like professional designers. In just nine weeks, have the creative and technical skills you need to begin your career as a custom jewellery designer. Also, have a portfolio of your work to show prospective employers and clients.
- To develop sources of inspiration
- To understand jewellery design theory and artistry
- To Illustrate shape, form, and texture of metal
- To render faceted gems, pearls, coloured metals, etc.
- To learn traditional drafting techniques
- To create a portfolio of class projects and custom designs that is ready for presentation to potential clients and employers
After Successful completion of this course students will be able to
- The Ability to implement complex ideas visually
- Understanding cultural and historical contexts in which ideas are visually transmitted
- Good understanding of metal property and their use
- Individual mastery of all the phases of the realization working process
- The jewellery designing course gives the ability to develop a jewellery collection
How to Apply
The Certificate Courses is offered once a year during odd semesters. Students interested can take admission in the offered certificate courses at the beginning of the semester.
Students from other institutions can also take admission in these certificate courses at the beginning of even and odd semesters by contacting the concerned teacher incharge and by paying the required fees for the course.
Any individual who has successfully completed HSC (12TH) in any Stream. Or Any student Studying in KES Shroff College in different programmes.
The Certificate will be awarded to the student who
- will attend the lectures as per college norms minimum 60% attendance is must to appear for the examination.
- will successfully pass the examination with a minimum 40% .