Fashion design is the art of applying design, aesthetics, clothing construction and natural beauty to clothing and its accessories. It is influenced by cultural and social attitudes and has varied over time and place. Designers conduct research on fashion trends and interpret them for their audience. This is the essence of a designer’s role; however, there is variation within this that is determined by the buying and merchandising approach, and product quality.
Why this Course
Fashion designing is one of the most creative and flourishing industry. The industry has cut cut-throat competition and vast challenges. Students have innumerable choices of job opportunities in front of them after completing their fashion design courses. However, the opportunities also depend on your creativity and experience. The scope of fashion designing is listed below.
- To promote an understanding of Fashion and Textile Design in relation to the needs of fashion, contractual furnishings, home textiles, and the business to business textile products.
- To provide hands-on experience using a set of complex technologies found in the industry today to build prototypical solutions to solve current needs.
- To provide experience in responding to market opportunities with creative and innovative products.
- To develop strong multi-functional teamwork and communication skills using visual and verbal presentation assignments and interfaces with practitioners in the design community and the industry.
- Students will be able to locate, analyze, and synthesize market research data and apply that data to delineate the needs of specific markets.
- Students will be able to analyze and use color units effectively in their design process.
- Students will be able to give examples of various types of fashion shows and outline the fashion show plan.
- Students will be able to research and name various career paths in the fashion industry.
Modules at a Glance
- Garment Construction
- Illustration (theory)
- Fashion History
How to Apply
The Certificate Courses are offered twice a year during even and odd semesters. Students interested can take admission in the offered certificate courses at the beginning of the semester.
Students from other institutions can also take admission in these certificate courses at the beginning of even and odd semesters by contacting the concerned teacher incharge and by paying the required fees for the course.
Any individual who has successfully completed HSC (12TH) in any Stream. Or Any student Studying in KES Shroff College in different programmes.
The Certificate will be awarded to the student who
- will attend the lectures as per college norms minimum 60% attendance is must to appear for the examination.
- will successfully pass the examination with a minimum 40% .